• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2014 Eco Diesel Ram Technical Specifications

John

Nov 13, 2015
Did FCA allow your dealer to tear down the engine? If so, this is the first I've heard of while still under warranty.

The video where the timing chain sprocket on the camshafts failed in similar fashion was a once maybe twice occurrence out of over 100,000 ecodiesels.

Is the oil pump drive gear a press fit?

Leeboyd1

Jul 16, 2019
Truck Year
Seems to be a press fit. The drive gear is yet to be removed. An independent mechanical engineer is to view removal as a reporting witness. I had to commit to cost of removing and stripping engine.

Leeboyd1

Jul 16, 2019
Truck Year
In my opinion, the engine has been poorly designed or manufactured. The warranty/damages war begins!!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I cast my lot on QC.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Seems to be a press fit. The drive gear is yet to be removed. An independent mechanical engineer is to view removal as a reporting witness. I had to commit to cost of removing and stripping engine.
Are you past warranty?

John

Nov 13, 2015
Leeboyd1, Why are you past warranty at 68,000 miles? Are you in Canada?

Let us know if/when you confirm the oil pump drive gear is a press fit. Thanks

Tex0326

Jan 11, 2020
Truck Year
I have a Canadian ecodiesel I having trouble with slow start when cold and the turbo doesnt always wanna work right away

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
I have a Canadian ecodiesel I having trouble with slow start when cold and the turbo doesnt always wanna work right away
Has your truck had the emission recall completed I'm guessing?

Cbelt

May 3, 2022
Truck Year
I have documents that call for a fuel pump recall. They have no parts. What if the pump malfunctions and the truck is past warranty? The engine is warranted for 100,000 miles. Does that include items that allow the engine to function?