• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2014 Laramie EcoDiesel

Peninsula Pride

Jan 17, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
What next! Many issues. Must have been mfg on a Monday or friday.
6 mos-head gasket
Fuel filler not seated properly- resulting in fender flare damage as diesel pooled
P249 fault code numerous times
No automatic regeneration
DEF issues
Electric throttle control sensor
Park sensors
Latest issue is disappearing coolant

I am now part of the class action Lawsuit for Canadian owners.
This month I also received recall notices for both emissions reprogramming and also sensor for ensuring that the truck is in park.
Wow!

John

Nov 13, 2015
What next! Many issues. Must have been mfg on a Monday or friday.
6 mos-head gasket
Fuel filler not seated properly- resulting in fender flare damage as diesel pooled
P249 fault code numerous times
No automatic regeneration
DEF issues
Electric throttle control sensor
Park sensors
Latest issue is disappearing coolant

I am now part of the class action Lawsuit for Canadian owners.
This month I also received recall notices for both emissions reprogramming and also sensor for ensuring that the truck is in park.
Wow!
That stinks. I'm puzzled by two of your comments.

1. Fuel filter/fender flare. The fuel filter is located far below the wheel well above the rear axle.
2. No automatic regeneration. You would be luck to travel more than 400 miles without a regen.

2015Ram1500

Apr 27, 2019
Truck Year
That stinks. I'm puzzled by two of your comments.

1. Fuel filter/fender flare. The fuel filter is located far below the wheel well above the rear axle.
2. No automatic regeneration. You would be luck to travel more than 400 miles without a regen.

Peninsula Pride

Jan 17, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Fuel Filler. Where you put the refuel nozzle
As it was explained to me, Apparently there are two flaps that open when inserting the fuel nozzle into the fuel tank. When you fill you are supposed to make sure that the fuel does not sit in between these two flaps. It must drain into the tank. If fuel does sit there it leaks down ( improper fitting of this neck) cause to to leak down into the wheel well

Peninsula Pride

Jan 17, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
As for regeneration which was something that use to happen periodically automatically has not happened ever since I was getting the engine codes/ light.

John

Nov 13, 2015
As for regeneration which was something that use to happen periodically automatically has not happened ever since I was getting the engine codes/ light.
Now I understand. I do realize regens will not take place with certain active CEL's . Thanks for the clarification.

Peninsula Pride

Jan 17, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Update....so the saga continues. I have had the 2014 ED in for pressure test and coolant leaks cannot be found. I am told that it is the EGR. Do I fix it or get rid of it now? My worry is escalating problems going forward. Has anyone had the EGR replaced? Do I have options?

Irwin

Mar 11, 2019
Truck Year
I have had the egr cooler leak inside cooler, when it leaks it will go back though your engine. it will keep leaking antifreeze . I deleted the complete egr cooler egr valve, dpf filter cataletic filter . & intake manifold. re program ECU. You will then have a ecodiesel that will run for a long time trouble free.