• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2014 ram ecodiesel

Mayday

Mar 12, 2021
Truck Year
Hey guys I just signed up today. My problems all started when I did a factory recall on my egr cooler. Before that, my truck ran perfect. I’m now on my 4th replacement egr cooler. After the dealer installed the first egr, it was faulty and my truck overheated pretty badly. Have a fluid loss somewhere. Now I’m worried that I’ve got a blown head. Chrysler Canada and the dealers are not taking any responsibility for this. The first dealer I went to found a leak at the thermostat and replaced that and the housing for $750. The second dealer now found a bad water pump to the tune of $2500. I hope this solves the problem. If it does, I’m thinking of doing a stage one tune and deleting my exhaust and egr. Any thoughts on my leak or the exhaust delete? Sam

ToeTruck

Mar 5, 2021
Truck Year
Welcome Sam. That's out of my wheelhouse but hopefully someone will chime in soon. Good luck!

My 12th DSL

Apr 26, 2018
Truck Year
Jeez, I paid CA$1100 for a water pump replacement.
As for delete, I did that last summer on may 2014. Should have done it years earlier. Check out Lightspeed Innovations in Red Deer, AB or HD Diesel out of Winnipeg.

Mayday

Mar 12, 2021
Truck Year
Thanks. I guess prices are higher out he and that included them doing it. As far as a stage one tune and exhaust delete, I’ve been quoted $3000 taxes in from bc diesel in surrey bc. Red deer would be about a 10 hr drive for me

Mayday

Mar 12, 2021
Truck Year
Now I’ve done the thermostat and water pump and I’m still losing coolant. Worried it’s a head but really hoping it’s not. Losing coolant and can smell it. No white smoke that I’m aware of. On my 4th egr cooler so hoping it’s that again so I can just delete the exhaust. Any ideas on what it could be?

My 12th DSL

Apr 26, 2018
Truck Year
I would get rid of the EGR. Likely your problem. At Lightspeed, it cost me $2200 for the delete package installed. If you can do it yourself, contact HD Diesel. I hear they are very helpful.

Mayday

Mar 12, 2021
Truck Year
Where’s light speed? I’m in the lower mainland bc

Mayday

Mar 12, 2021
Truck Year
Turns out I have a cracked head caused from the overheat when they put in the recall egr cooler. Chrysler Canada is not doing anything for me and the local dealer offers me 8k for a trade. I’m beside myself