• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 3.0 Ecodeisel a hazard

Douglas Ruszcyk

Jun 1, 2017
Truck Year
I am a owner of a 2015,RAM 3.0" Ecodeisel that has had Two major engine failures that have required replacements. I have been stranded in multiple states leaving our family stranded for over 9 hours before roadside assistance showed in middle of nowhere. First engine failed at 9760 and second at 9996 miles.,This Saturday 5/27 the truck failed again and towed back again to dealer. To date, dealer has not provided a loaner or transportation over this last week. We have e-mailed, called and left messages and took tine off work to see GM in person. No return calls nothing!!! FCA notified again with my 6th case number assigned sincex04/2016.
During August 2016 while traveling out of state in Ohio on i70. The truck was moving at 70 mph when low oil pressure warning and ignition throttle cam on. I noticed the A/C went very warm then all the dash lights camecon then truck shut off at 70 mph. The tires locked and we skidded for a distance. No stearing control. Tractor trailer scwere trying to avoid hitting us. State Police arrived and roadside assistance called. 9.5 hours later they arrived for tow. Brought to local dealer were it was first said a battery issue!!! Really!!! Then and hour passed and we were told engine was seized and would have to stay in Ohio for three says until Monday. It was determined that the Rod and main bearing blew but the oil levels were full at tear down. Second time same thing happened low oil pressure throttle control then truck shutdown.
This past saturday 5/27 same thing occured low oil pressure throttle ignition. Dealership is now saying in this brand new replaced engine that it is bad fuel. I told dealer they were full if crap. This is a brand new engine and i have been running same fuel in tank for over two weeks. I have not traveled anywhere but local were I live and get my fuel at same place every time.

This is what I was told on the first engine, bad fuel. Dealer said not covered under warranty and expense would be to me.
Dealer said I would have to go through my car insurance to have it covered. 8k repair with a 1k deductible. Three months later engine seized and replaced.

FCA is passing the buck on this very flawed engine. Dealership wants me now to go back to my insurance and ask them to cover this again on a second different engine.
I have contacted the bank for help but nothing so far. I am paying a hugecsum of money a month to be able to use this but in fact I cannot go anywhere with truck wothout fear of breaking down again and being left stranded.
I have informed the bank i am veing forced by FCA to walk away from this nightmare and take a huge finanancial loss and a repossesion on my credit. FCA has repeatedly refused to replace with another vehicle as we have begged and pleaded to take this back.
There is no accountability with dealerships and manufactures.

Since FCA refuses to help us we are now not going down without a fight. We have notified national press companies., today Fox news , CBS, ABC, and the NTSB for investigation of this product.

This was a huge mistake as I will never use FCA products ever again.'

I feel bad for anyone ruined by this truck as we know how bad it has gotton and we still have no vehicle.'

I hope you all stay away from FCA!!!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its NOT luck this engine is plague with problems...looking a forums ( Phone calls) that support the ED my observation is most owners are clueless what the industry standards are... and even more shocking is their loop-hole mentality defending FCA gross miss-conduct in most matters concerning the ED. Now that being said The Ram 1500 model is well designed and the fit and finish is 2nd to none.... WHY FCA has destroyed Market share is form exactly what the OP stated. Bad fuel did NOT destroy his 1st Motor is My guess. Ford has really drop the Ball also on this Market by NOT hitting the Fall 2017 debut, Mid 2018.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Its NOT luck this engine is plague with problems...looking a forums ( Phone calls) that support the ED my observation is most owners are clueless what the industry standards are... and even more shocking is their loop-hole mentality defending FCA gross miss-conduct in most matters concerning the ED. Now that being said The Ram 1500 model is well designed and the fit and finish is 2nd to none.... WHY FCA has destroyed Market share is form exactly what the OP stated. Bad fuel did NOT destroy his 1st Motor is My guess. Ford has really drop the Ball also on this Market by NOT hitting the Fall 2017 debut, Mid 2018.
I am going to side with TC on this one, as an article in the May Diesel Power magazine relating to the oil change in the ED, which a FCA engine development engineer stated that the oil change was due to fuel dilution levels being unacceptably high in the ED. Stated reason, the regen cycle required. The levels stated were in excess of 14% fuel to oil, the original euro spec oil was not designed to carry that much fuel or ash dilution levels. These levels were stated as the reason for a "rash of engine failures". That being said the Original Poster's first engine failure was probably not bad fuel nor the second engine as well. Of course the first area a quality mechanic would look at is the oil quantity, quality, contamination levels, and then get in the filter.
I too am mystified as too why FCA is displaying such poor customer service, and can say the right Dealer can make a world of difference as displayed with my wife's Charger and now my RAM.
I hope the Original Post can get some resolve, Good Luck.

issanni

Sep 26, 2016
Truck Year
How can you have 3 engine failures in the same truck.....that just doesn't seem to add up. I'm not saying you're doing something wrong but.....

What oil are you running, curiosity? Do you do mostly city/short trips or highway?

Douglas Ruszcyk

Jun 1, 2017
Truck Year
I purchased this brand new right off the showroom floor. This is not a used truck I bought. Its worth 52k and its junk!!
You would have to ask Chrysler Dodge RAM what kind of oil they use during oil change because they performed the work not me.
Four days before my out of state trip Dodge changed the oil not me. On the 5 th day the engine blew with 9760 mikes on it. So yes, I did something wrong I bought a piece of shit!!!
Obviously you did NOT read my article that explains in the MAY issue of Power Diesel magazine 20-7 issue that Chrsler Development Engineer wrote about what is causing the true issue to these engines. My main bearings and rod blew and so it explains thst in the Piwet Diesel article if you read it!!

Not everone are having this issue but there are a large percentage of that are.

If its working for you great enjoy your used truck, for the rest of us who paid excessive sums of money for junk were screwed until a class action lawsuit is issued. I have requested the three different states attorney genrrals to look into this as fraud knowing there is a mechanical failure and hidding it.

Good lluck to you Sir and your used truck.

FCA is the most dishonest company selling junk and not standing by warranty.

Junk! Junk! Junk!

I guarentee we will be hearing from you too one you start seeing your throttle control ignition warning light. Once that comes on that is the begining of the end of these trucks

Goid luck!!

issanni

Sep 26, 2016
Truck Year
I purchased this brand new right off the showroom floor. This is not a used truck I bought. Its worth 52k and its junk!!
You would have to ask Chrysler Dodge RAM what kind of oil they use during oil change because they performed the work not me.
Four days before my out of state trip Dodge changed the oil not me. On the 5 th day the engine blew with 9760 mikes on it. So yes, I did something wrong I bought a piece of shit!!!
Obviously you did NOT read my article that explains in the MAY issue of Power Diesel magazine 20-7 issue that Chrsler Development Engineer wrote about what is causing the true issue to these engines. My main bearings and rod blew and so it explains thst in the Piwet Diesel article if you read it!!

Not everone are having this issue but there are a large percentage of that are.

If its working for you great enjoy your used truck, for the rest of us who paid excessive sums of money for junk were screwed until a class action lawsuit is issued. I have requested the three different states attorney genrrals to look into this as fraud knowing there is a mechanical failure and hidding it.

Good lluck to you Sir and your used truck.

FCA is the most dishonest company selling junk and not standing by warranty.

Junk! Junk! Junk!

I guarentee we will be hearing from you too one you start seeing your throttle control ignition warning light. Once that comes on that is the begining of the end of these trucks

Goid luck!!

Slow your roll there, cowboy. I too bought my truck brand new with only 2 miles on it. Mine just happened to be a 2015 leftover fleet truck the dealer didn't sell and I got a steal of a deal on it. I wanted 2015 because it was the last year of the 100k mile powertrain warranty. I hope your rant wasn't directed at me. I'm simply trying to understand how you can go through 3 motors. I've been working on my own cars/trucks both street and race cars for the past oh I don't know 28 years or so, and I've owned somewhere around 60 or so different vehicles. I do all my own maintenance and repairs (except warranty work) whenever possible because I enjoy it, I don't trust anyone else to do it, and I'm cheap.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its Not uncommon when QC problems are ignore 3 years that uncommon failures occur , Its simple Math 1st Motor QC, 2nd Motor rotating mass failure, 3rd QC again, 3 years ignorance = uncommon repeating itself multi times.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I am going to side with TC on this one, as an article in the May Diesel Power magazine relating to the oil change in the ED, which a FCA engine development engineer stated that the oil change was due to fuel dilution levels being unacceptably high in the ED. Stated reason, the regen cycle required. The levels stated were in excess of 14% fuel to oil, the original euro spec oil was not designed to carry that much fuel or ash dilution levels. These levels were stated as the reason for a "rash of engine failures". That being said the Original Poster's first engine failure was probably not bad fuel nor the second engine as well. Of course the first area a quality mechanic would look at is the oil quantity, quality, contamination levels, and then get in the filter.
I too am mystified as too why FCA is displaying such poor customer service, and can say the right Dealer can make a world of difference as displayed with my wife's Charger and now my RAM.
I hope the Original Post can get some resolve, Good Luck.

That's almost two quarts of fuel in the crankcase. That doesn't sound right to me.

The other forum has many UOA's posted and all seem to be less than 2% so maybe 6-7 ounces of fuel in the oil.

Do you have a link to the article you are referring to?

Thanks

Eco buba

May 10, 2017
Truck Year
I agree with Douglas . I owned many cars and trucks in past 34 years . I have never been treated as poorly . FCA and my local dealership in Orange County ca is by far the worst ever in service and turn around time . I contacted FCA many times for leaky valve cover and timing chain also oil in radiator. And bad steering wheel controls . Each time I take the truck for service they keep it 2 weeks .

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Slow your roll there, cowboy. I too bought my truck brand new with only 2 miles on it. Mine just happened to be a 2015 leftover fleet truck the dealer didn't sell and I got a steal of a deal on it. I wanted 2015 because it was the last year of the 100k mile powertrain warranty. I hope your rant wasn't directed at me. I'm simply trying to understand how you can go through 3 motors. I've been working on my own cars/trucks both street and race cars for the past oh I don't know 28 years or so, and I've owned somewhere around 60 or so different vehicles. I do all my own maintenance and repairs (except warranty work) whenever possible because I enjoy it, I don't trust anyone else to do it, and I'm cheap.
I have a '16 purchased new last August. Came with 100,000 mile powertrain warranty.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
I am a owner of a 2015,RAM 3.0" Ecodeisel that has had Two major engine failures that have required replacements. I have been stranded in multiple states leaving our family stranded for over 9 hours before roadside assistance showed in middle of nowhere. First engine failed at 9760 and second at 9996 miles.,This Saturday 5/27 the truck failed again and towed back again to dealer. To date, dealer has not provided a loaner or transportation over this last week. We have e-mailed, called and left messages and took tine off work to see GM in person. No return calls nothing!!! FCA notified again with my 6th case number assigned sincex04/2016.
During August 2016 while traveling out of state in Ohio on i70. The truck was moving at 70 mph when low oil pressure warning and ignition throttle cam on. I noticed the A/C went very warm then all the dash lights camecon then truck shut off at 70 mph. The tires locked and we skidded for a distance. No stearing control. Tractor trailer scwere trying to avoid hitting us. State Police arrived and roadside assistance called. 9.5 hours later they arrived for tow. Brought to local dealer were it was first said a battery issue!!! Really!!! Then and hour passed and we were told engine was seized and would have to stay in Ohio for three says until Monday. It was determined that the Rod and main bearing blew but the oil levels were full at tear down. Second time same thing happened low oil pressure throttle control then truck shutdown.
This past saturday 5/27 same thing occured low oil pressure throttle ignition. Dealership is now saying in this brand new replaced engine that it is bad fuel. I told dealer they were full if crap. This is a brand new engine and i have been running same fuel in tank for over two weeks. I have not traveled anywhere but local were I live and get my fuel at same place every time.

This is what I was told on the first engine, bad fuel. Dealer said not covered under warranty and expense would be to me.
Dealer said I would have to go through my car insurance to have it covered. 8k repair with a 1k deductible. Three months later engine seized and replaced.

FCA is passing the buck on this very flawed engine. Dealership wants me now to go back to my insurance and ask them to cover this again on a second different engine.
I have contacted the bank for help but nothing so far. I am paying a hugecsum of money a month to be able to use this but in fact I cannot go anywhere with truck wothout fear of breaking down again and being left stranded.
I have informed the bank i am veing forced by FCA to walk away from this nightmare and take a huge finanancial loss and a repossesion on my credit. FCA has repeatedly refused to replace with another vehicle as we have begged and pleaded to take this back.
There is no accountability with dealerships and manufactures.

Since FCA refuses to help us we are now not going down without a fight. We have notified national press companies., today Fox news , CBS, ABC, and the NTSB for investigation of this product.

This was a huge mistake as I will never use FCA products ever again.'

I feel bad for anyone ruined by this truck as we know how bad it has gotton and we still have no vehicle.'

I hope you all stay away from FCA!!!

Go to the other forum also and post the same thing. Ram1500diesel

Not trying to advertise another forum, I just think that these experiences should be heard by as many of us owners as possible.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I'm banned form that forum... and proud of it, The mods are unbelievably naïve. If you plan on posting follow ups be prepare for the mods to be ignorant and non- believers. just a warning

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I'm banned form that forum... and proud of it, The mods are unbelievably naïve. If you plan on posting follow ups be prepare for the mods to be ignorant and non- believers. just a warning
Lol so is MSP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
I was permanently banned yesterday for "persistant negativity and trolling". LOL

I'm not a troller but I do have very critical opinions regarding FCA and the market readiness of this powerplant.

Any negative ecodiesel opinions are not recieved well over there.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
In reference to all the deleted posts, enough of that. If you don't like it here, then please move on.

I try my best, I'm not perfect though.Heck, I'm the only moderator on the site to begin with!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No problem... it was just rebuttal. Besides I like it here.