• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 ECO Diesel Owner - Just joined.

behickman1781

Dec 29, 2019
Truck Year
Have bought a used 2015 Ram 1500 3.0 Eco Diesel. This is the first diesel vehicle I have owned. Hope to have bought a good truck.
Located in Crossville, TN. The truck came out of Texas with no corrosion. In very good shape. Milage is a little high - 158,000 miles. Drives very well.
Hope to get alot of info and be able to add alot of knowledge back as I learn. Have always worked on all my vehicles and like to keep the maintenance up so that they last.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group wish u luck with the truck buy a obd2 reader u will need it

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
I suggest reading the owner's manual, researching recalls and associated warranty(s). If your truck has been through the recall(s) and you want the warranty, keep the engine stock and do all the maintenance on schedule. If you do your own work, I suggest recording everything and keeping all your receipts in order to take advantage of the warranty(s). I agree with the previous post, get a obd2 reader, I found an affordable model on Amazon. I keep my DIC on engine stats as I drive so I can keep an eye on both performance and any warning signs of part failure. This helped me catch a failing EGR cooler before the engine was damaged or caught on fire. I take it easy when it's cold, the turbo needs time to warm up. I also take a couple of minutes to let it run when I get to my destination to let the turbo cool off. These trucks need to run and hit operating temperature so it can regenerate and burn off the soot. If you drive a lot of short trips on a regular basis and the truck doesn't regenerate, it'll clog the exhaust and it'll have to go to a dealer for a forced regeneration. As you look over this forum you'll find a number of members have had their fair share of issues with these trucks. I believe in paying attention to the details and it's served me well so far...good luck!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Have bought a used 2015 Ram 1500 3.0 Eco Diesel. This is the first diesel vehicle I have owned. Hope to have bought a good truck.
Located in Crossville, TN. The truck came out of Texas with no corrosion. In very good shape. Milage is a little high - 158,000 miles. Drives very well.
Hope to get alot of info and be able to add alot of knowledge back as I learn. Have always worked on all my vehicles and like to keep the maintenance up so that they last.

At 158K miles OAs would be a good practice and a good start.

https://www.blackstone-labs.com/?session-id=aawtky450qvfj555ktodqmnm&timeout=20&bslauth&urlbase=https://www.blackstone-labs.net/Bstone/(S(aawtky450qvfj555ktodqmnm))/

caleb1

Apr 7, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
I suggest reading the owner's manual, researching recalls and associated warranty(s). If your truck has been through the recall(s) and you want the warranty, keep the engine stock and do all the maintenance on schedule. If you do your own work, I suggest recording everything and keeping all your receipts in order to take advantage of the warranty(s). I agree with the previous post, get a obd2 reader, I found an affordable model on Amazon. I keep my DIC on engine stats as I drive so I can keep an eye on both performance and any warning signs of part failure. This helped me catch a failing EGR cooler before the engine was damaged or caught on fire. I take it easy when it's cold, the turbo needs time to warm up. I also take a couple of minutes to let it run when I get to my destination to let the turbo cool off. These trucks need to run and hit operating temperature so it can regenerate and burn off the soot. If you drive a lot of short trips on a regular basis and the truck doesn't regenerate, it'll clog the exhaust and it'll have to go to a dealer for a forced regeneration. As you look over this forum you'll find a number of members have had their fair share of issues with these trucks. I believe in paying attention to the details and it's served me well so far...good luck!
Theres an engine code for the cracked egr?
Or is there another failure that's a side effect from the cracking EGR that triggers the code.
I find it odd that a leak throws the engine code.

Robsand9

Mar 11, 2020
Truck Year
I like you am a new owner in fact driving home after buying I got a p20ee code. Took back to dealer they fixed some sensors and I told them to keep it because I am not going to drive with the potential of the egr cooler failure so I will wait for the part. So I see part available in my mopar and I called parts to see if they ordered it and they told me they can not order it unless there is an engine code. I said fine I will leave it there until it’s fixed. I figure if it sits there 30 days I may have recourse to get out of the purchase because I am really second guessing this purchase with all the problems I am reading it’s a 2015 bighorn with 50k on it

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
welcome 2 the group wish u luck with the truck buy a obd2 reader u will need it
I'm curious as to what the norm is for codes popping up on these trucks. I've owned a 2014 for over 13 months and it hasn't had a code yet other than when I drive it around with the egr unplugged.....

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I'm curious as to what the norm is for codes popping up on these trucks. I've owned a 2014 for over 13 months and it hasn't had a code yet other than when I drive it around with the egr unplugged.....
I believe Carl was just stating it’s a good practice to have a scanner. Needed mine many times just to cure my curiosity. Needed a glow plug after 6k of owning it, and it occasionally throws one for p06DB(I think. Drunk now lol) if I tow a trailer and don’t manually shift to keep rpms up.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

I am not sure there is a norm, I bought mine in 2015 new and have never had a code

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
I've replaced the EGR cooler 3 times and never had a code. I had a code when an exhaust sensor failed and it plugged. Looking forward to the new EGR cooler coming for the recall.

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
I've replaced the EGR cooler 3 times and never had a code. I had a code when an exhaust sensor failed and it plugged. Looking forward to the new EGR cooler coming for the recall.
I had my EGR cooler replaced back in February and scheduled in a week for another EGR cooler. It’s hopefully the new design that I kept hearing about coming out in April. I hate the coolant smell. The EGR cooler is causing major issues with many Ecodiesel owners. Thank god my 2015 has the AEM additional warranty coverage. My 100,000 max care warranty is about to end.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
I had my EGR cooler replaced back in February and scheduled in a week for another EGR cooler. It’s hopefully the new design that I kept hearing about coming out in April. I hate the coolant smell. The EGR cooler is causing major issues with many Ecodiesel owners. Thank god my 2015 has the AEM additional warranty coverage. My 100,000 max care warranty is about to end.
You figure the coolant smell comes from the egr cooler? Like an coolant through the exhaust smell, or an external coolant leak?

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
You figure the coolant smell comes from the egr cooler? Like an coolant through the exhaust smell, or an external coolant leak?
The Coolant smell is coming from the engine area, front passenger side. My friend who was with me hunting back in November 2019 did smell it and said I should call my dealer since I was under warranty. I have an appointment next week, hopefully the dealer doesn’t drop the ball again. My truck sat at the dealer for two months waiting for an EGR cooler.
The recall currently is for leaking EGR coolers that may cause fire.

IRH

Mar 2, 2020
Truck Year
I like you am a new owner in fact driving home after buying I got a p20ee code. Took back to dealer they fixed some sensors and I told them to keep it because I am not going to drive with the potential of the egr cooler failure so I will wait for the part. So I see part available in my mopar and I called parts to see if they ordered it and they told me they can not order it unless there is an engine code. I said fine I will leave it there until it’s fixed. I figure if it sits there 30 days I may have recourse to get out of the purchase because I am really second guessing this purchase with all the problems I am reading it’s a 2015 bighorn with 50k on it
If you are in Canada there is a Safety recall [VB1] Transport Canada 2019-535.for the EGR cooler and intake manifold inspection. Dealers are just getting replacement coolers now. Contact FCA Canada with your Vin number