• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 EcoDiesel 58,000

Jim Baker 44

Aug 10, 2019
Truck Year
My best advise is to not do the Emission Recall. It is not the same truck after they reprogram it. Loss of Performance and fuel mileage. It is not the same truck after they reprogram it.

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
In Canada it's not mandatory at this point thankfully, and there's no financial incentive like in the US to get it done. There's nothing saying we have to do it or we can't register our trucks, so: if you have the choice, don't do it. If you have a tune, definitely don't do it.

However, if you live in californazia, with CARB, do it...

John

Nov 13, 2015
Has anyone taken in their truck for the emissions recall yet?
If you are eligible for the cash it might be worth it. Many owners have no issues after the recall. Some say there's lag until it warms up. If you get the lag you could do a tune and still put some money in your pocket.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year

FrankD

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
I agree with you cds13ca living in California your basically up the creek if you do not. Totally happy with my 2015 Laramie ECD but have that bad feeling this new and APPROVED EM! Paper work is ready but have not pulled the pin yet. What I have read from others sounds like any Tune in California would be impossible. FrankD new member.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I wait for my wife to come home from work then I take it out on her

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
I agree with you cds13ca living in California your basically up the creek if you do not. Totally happy with my 2015 Laramie ECD but have that bad feeling this new and APPROVED EM! Paper work is ready but have not pulled the pin yet. What I have read from others sounds like any Tune in California would be impossible. FrankD new member.
That's not true, you can get SFT in Cali, one of our members, John Jensen has it and I believe he lives there. I believe you can plug it into OBDII when you need it, and remove the tune if you visit the dealer. Maybe he can chime in.

FrankD

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
CDs 13ca when it comes to smogging or taking the truck to dealership for whatever reason won’t the
OBD show a code of some sort if I was to use the tune and then remove at the time of service that is smog or
maintenances?

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
I"m not sure, hopefully John (one of the forum members) will chime in or anyone else with SFT. I'm not familiar with how SFT works in that sense.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
FrankD,

Here is the SofaKingTune web site. It has a lot of info and a good FAQ section. Jimmy, the owner is very helpful and responds to emails very well.

About your question: when it comes to smogging or taking the truck to dealership for whatever reason won’t the OBD show a code of some sort if I was to use the tune and then remove at the time of service that is smog or maintenances?
My answer would be before you go to the dealership you would change your tune back to stock via your computer and the OBDII device and software that SFT give you. When finished you return to your SFT tune in a similar fashion. There will be no codes from doing this, however, I've heard that if the dealer is so inclined he can see that the ECM has been flashed.

About your comment: What I have read from others sounds like any Tune in California would be impossible.
Not sure where you read that but the SFT tune is definitely available to us Californians. CARB may change that someday or never, no one knows.

I'm no expert but I can tell you that Jimmy is very knowledgeable and very helpful. He has helped others step by step over the phone with installing, etc.

I have both the ECM and the TCM SFT tunes and find they perform very well. A couple of bonuses, they include high idle and ESC/TCS disable in 4WD at no charge.

I hope all this helps you. IMO shutting off the EGR alone is worth the price.

Here is my GDE/SFT comparison chart and how the ESC/TCS disable works

Attachments

• 01b-GDE & SFT Pricing Comparison.pdf
    15.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 31b-ESC On-Off Instructions.pdf
    33.6 KB · Views: 5

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
FrankD,

Here is the SofaKingTune web site. It has a lot of info and a good FAQ section. Jimmy, the owner is very helpful and responds to emails very well.

About your question: when it comes to smogging or taking the truck to dealership for whatever reason won’t the OBD show a code of some sort if I was to use the tune and then remove at the time of service that is smog or maintenances?
My answer would be before you go to the dealership you would change your tune back to stock via your computer and the OBDII device and software that SFT give you. When finished you return to your SFT tune in a similar fashion. There will be no codes from doing this, however, I've heard that if the dealer is so inclined he can see that the ECM has been flashed.

About your comment: What I have read from others sounds like any Tune in California would be impossible.
Not sure where you read that but the SFT tune is definitely available to us Californians. CARB may change that someday or never, no one knows.

I'm no expert but I can tell you that Jimmy is very knowledgeable and very helpful. He has helped others step by step over the phone with installing, etc.

I have both the ECM and the TCM SFT tunes and find they perform very well. A couple of bonuses, they include high idle and ESC/TCS disable in 4WD at no charge.

I hope all this helps you. IMO shutting off the EGR alone is worth the price.

Here is my GDE/SFT comparison chart and how the ESC/TCS disable works
Thanks John for your help. I knew you were the right person to ask. Cheers.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
01c-smiley-01-thumbs up.gif

FrankD

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks John for the info and cds too. Will work on getting the AEM done in September. I will post the results.
Thanks