• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 ecodiesel engine failure 11,000 miles

Doug g

Jan 3, 2017
Truck Year
Hey guys I have a 2015 ecodiesel Sunday night my engine decided to throw a rod thew my oil pan and seize I have seen this has happened to quite a few people is this common?

John

Nov 13, 2015
Sorry to hear this. It's way more common than I would like for sure. How many miles when she blew?

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
yea how many miles. this just seems to happen more and more than it should :(

John

Nov 13, 2015
11,000 miles. I guess I should have read the title of this thread a little more carefully. Lol

You too flying7 Lol

ACPIII

Feb 9, 2017
Truck Year
Hey guys I have a 2015 ecodiesel Sunday night my engine decided to throw a rod thew my oil pan and seize I have seen this has happened to quite a few people is this common?

Mine just broke cam shaft in half on cruise control at 35,000 !!!!!!!
Has anyone had success getting Ram to give a new engine?

Doug g

Jan 3, 2017
Truck Year
Mine just broke cam shaft in half on cruise control at 35,000 !!!!!!!
Has anyone had success getting Ram to give a new engine?
Ram approved an engine replacement for my truck ripped a complete engine off the assembly line and replaced it but now I have nothing but problems with my truck!. I'm trying to get either a buy out or I'm fililing lemon law

ACPIII

Feb 9, 2017
Truck Year
Let me know how it goes. Too much money spent for this kind of product!

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Ram approved an engine replacement for my truck ripped a complete engine off the assembly line and replaced it but now I have nothing but problems with my truck!. I'm trying to get either a buy out or I'm fililing lemon law
What problems are you having since the new engine install?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Blackout

Feb 12, 2017
Truck Year
Did you have to round up all of your records?
Anything else needed on your end?

My engine went last week, trying to get prepared

ACPIII

Feb 9, 2017
Truck Year
They did not ask for anything...... I should get it back tomorrow, I'll keep everyone posted as to how it runs.

Blackout

Feb 12, 2017
Truck Year
They did not ask for anything...... I should get it back tomorrow, I'll keep everyone posted as to how it runs.
Was all of your service done at that dealer though?
My reason for asking is, my records are scattered all over the place. I work all over the Midwest.

ACPIII

Feb 9, 2017
Truck Year
Yes all work was done awith dealer..... not much though ...... truck only 13 months old

Craig Hopkins

Jan 5, 2016
Truck Year
Mine made it to 50K and they are having to replace the engine, I am disgusted personally. I bought diesel for the longevity, I have driven Chrysler products since I was 16 (and that's a longtime) and have had 3 3500 RAM's with a Cummins, this Eco sure isn't a Cummins. Trying to get a buy out myself and I will return to a Cummins, if no buyout then I will sell this boat anchor and move to a different brand.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Another one bites the dust. Sorry to hear that Craig. Any word on what may have happened?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Mine made it to 50K and they are having to replace the engine, I am disgusted personally. I bought diesel for the longevity, I have driven Chrysler products since I was 16 (and that's a longtime) and have had 3 3500 RAM's with a Cummins, this Eco sure isn't a Cummins. Trying to get a buy out myself and I will return to a Cummins, if no buyout then I will sell this boat anchor and move to a different brand.

Welcome Craig, sorry to hear you lost a motor as well.