• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 ecodiesel with water in transmission.

Jasonwilliams

Jun 24, 2018
Truck Year
Guys I have a 2015 ecodiesel crewcab with 60,000 miles that wouldn’t start. Found the transmission fuse was blown. Hauled to dealer I purchased from and they tell me I have water in the transmission. The pickup has never driven in flooded waters since I have had the pickup. Purchased it with 1,500 miles on it. Dealer is trying to figure where the water is coming from but has told me if they can’t find where then more than likely warranty will not pay! I go through the automatic car wash weekly. Anyone else haveing water in transmission problems? Thanks.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
The transmission is sealed in order for water to get in, there would need to be a mechanical defect. How did they come to the conclusion there is water in the transmission? If there is coolant in the transmission its due to a heat exchanger failing. There is a big electrical connection for the transmission that can get moisture in it and cause issues but that is easily resolved. More info is needed here something does not sound right.

Jasonwilliams

Jun 24, 2018
Truck Year
The transmission is sealed in order for water to get in, there would need to be a mechanical defect. How did they come to the conclusion there is water in the transmission? If there is coolant in the transmission its due to a heat exchanger failing. There is a big electrical connection for the transmission that can get moisture in it and cause issues but that is easily resolved. More info is needed here something does not sound right.
So if the transmission is a sealed unit can you replace parts inside it? Dealer said they opened it up and it was all rusty inside and water was in the fluid. Will call the dealer today and ask a few more questions.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I would investigate more then what someone says, on this, the breather for the Trans is in the engine compartment, if it was separated at the trans that how the water entered, Its amazing How much water can enter a small hole when driving in rain.

Jasonwilliams

Jun 24, 2018
Truck Year
Got word yesterday that there was no water in the differentials but water in the transmission. Dealer submitted a case to ram and it got denied. Dealer is talking to district rep with ram but no word back from them at this time. Dealer said they pressurized the coolant and it did not loose psi. Been without my pickup since June 15 been at dealership since June 20th. Dealer keeps telling me that it is a sealed transmission and there should be water in it. I have asked the dealer if it’s supposed to be sealed then the water must of came from factory. Not sure what the next step is but I would like to talk to the ram representative!

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Depending on which way the three way valve is directing coolant pressure testing the cooling system might not show anything. It can also take heat to open up the leak. Definitely keep pushing the dealership just dont push so hard as to make them mad.

Jasonwilliams

Jun 24, 2018
Truck Year
That’s the problem I feel I call them once and they are on my side then the next time I talk they are wishy-washy. But something needs done it’s coming up on a month with no pickup!

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
Guys I have a 2015 ecodiesel crewcab with 60,000 miles that wouldn’t start. Found the transmission fuse was blown. Hauled to dealer I purchased from and they tell me I have water in the transmission. The pickup has never driven in flooded waters since I have had the pickup. Purchased it with 1,500 miles on it. Dealer is trying to figure where the water is coming from but has told me if they can’t find where then more than likely warranty will not pay! I go through the automatic car wash weekly. Anyone else haveing water in transmission problems? Thanks.
You don't want to hear this, but you bought a 1500 mile flood vehicle