• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 Engine light with throttle warning.

steve j

Oct 25, 2017
Truck Year
My 2015 echo just turned over 60K and the yellow engine light and red electronic throttle came on simultaneously. The engine lost power so I parked it. Not sure where to look or call the tow truck/dealer. I just came off a 7000 mile trip with no problems but noticed the mileage was getting worse-aprox 18-20 mpg highway at 70mph. I keep the servicing per dealer recommendations and with full synthetic. Any ideas.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
My 2015 echo just turned over 60K and the yellow engine light and red electronic throttle came on simultaneously. The engine lost power so I parked it. Not sure where to look or call the tow truck/dealer. I just came off a 7000 mile trip with no problems but noticed the mileage was getting worse-aprox 18-20 mpg highway at 70mph. I keep the servicing per dealer recommendations and with full synthetic. Any ideas.

Welcome, hard to troubleshoot without the engine codes. Post those codes and we can hopefully point you in the right direction.

steve j

Oct 25, 2017
Truck Year
What is the best way to get the "engine codes" thanks, Steve J

DieselDude

Oct 9, 2013
not to answer for boostn, but code reader at the Auto Parts store (they do it for free).. or

steve j

Oct 25, 2017
Truck Year
I am currently waiting on code reading availability here in this remote area. Also, will it harm the vehicle if I drive a short distance ( 20 miles) with the engine light and "ck electronic throttle cable" light on? The light came on after a short stop and with restarting. There was significant power loss along with the lights. I drove the unit aprox 10 miles home. Thank you,
Steve J

Last edited:

steve j

Oct 25, 2017
Truck Year
Yes, in warranty. I purchased the extended bumper to bumper when I bought the truck with 50K+- and at 60k this issue has come up. Is it a "take to the delaer/shop issue. I live in a bit of a remote area and drive hundreds of miles a day. Also, does anyone know how tho cycle the ignition(to ck the engine code without meter) when there is the romote key and knob for electronic shifting,

Last edited: