• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 leaking sun roof

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
truck started leaking during a heavy rain storm, water running down left door pillar and dripping down from around garage door buttons onto carpet, dealer says there are drains that plug up on either side of of sun roof that can plug and cause this situation, well i have only 17000 miles and its garaged, well they were not plugged and by closer inspection found the glass to be warped from manufacture causing this leak. dealership had to call Chrysler to get this information, i guess there is a few more trucks with this problem out there, these drains do have a purpose and it is to channel excess water around sun roof as to keep it from getting in truck, and they do not plug easily, i opened headliner slide left sun roof closed while wife sprayed water on sun roof, very obvious leak......

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
truck started leaking during a heavy rain storm, water running down left door pillar and dripping down from around garage door buttons onto carpet, dealer says there are drains that plug up on either side of of sun roof that can plug and cause this situation, well i have only 17000 miles and its garaged, well they were not plugged and by closer inspection found the glass to be warped from manufacture causing this leak. dealership had to call Chrysler to get this information, i guess there is a few more trucks with this problem out there, these drains do have a purpose and it is to channel excess water around sun roof as to keep it from getting in truck, and they do not plug easily, i opened headliner slide left sun roof closed while wife sprayed water on sun roof, very obvious leak......

I only thought GM's leaked :D

Glad you found the issue though. Did it stain the headliner?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Mine leaked through the passenger grab handle when I first got it, they tore it all apart and couldn't replicate the leak. Drain line was pinched from assembly and they unknowingly fixed it while trying to diagnose the problem. Not a drop since.