• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 Ram Eco

Pmorris

Sep 28, 2019
Truck Year
New here I have a 2015 Ram ecodiesel which is just starting to completely be more a pain than it’s worth. DEF service light is on and won’t start now. If I get to my buddy’s he’ll let me use the scanner. Yesterday it said something about reading the amount of DEF fluid and would not reset. Ridiculous that this problem would cause the truck to not start.

Pmorris

Sep 28, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome to the forum! Did you run out of DEF or did it just say empty with no warning?
So due to the wonderful design of the exhaust the three bolts in the flange on the flex pipe rusted and broke at the same time. Flex pipe moved and melted the wiring plug to the injector. I got a new injector fixed the bolts and fixed the wiring. There is no repair harness for the DEF injector yet so I just made two leads and connected it that way. Worked great for a month and then out of nowhere the def system shit down message displayed and sure enough it shut down on me. Went over the system again checked fuses and still having issues. No codes coming up either.

Pmorris

Sep 28, 2019
Truck Year
So due to the wonderful design of the exhaust the three bolts in the flange on the flex pipe rusted and broke at the same time. Flex pipe moved and melted the wiring plug to the injector. I got a new injector fixed the bolts and fixed the wiring. There is no repair harness for the DEF injector yet so I just made two leads and connected it that way. Worked great for a month and then out of nowhere the def system shit down message displayed and sure enough it shut down on me. Went over the system again checked fuses and still having issues. No codes coming up either.
Ohh and I topped the DEF off completely.