• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 dodge eco engine light 426-428 exhaust filter 100% truck in limp mode

Dave0528

Sep 22, 2020
Truck Year
Try this again just got my truck back from theft recovery from insurance mechanic, they did full inspection drive the truck about 10 min engine light was on took it back next day to mechanic code 426,428 they figured exhaust heat sensor bad it is on backorder for 1-2weeks so I took the truck home, got up in the morning take kid to school after I dropped him off truck went Into limp mode and displayed exhaust filter 100% full service required see dealer so took it to dodge they concluded it's a warranty issue for the sensor but it is back ordered they said they can't manually regen until the sensor is changed my question is can they not clear the code or get it to regen so I can drive my truck until the sensor comes in in a week or two or am I truckless for two weeks?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Not sure why they can't regen with the dealer tool.. if the sensor is bad, I'm guessing it'll likely fill back up to 100% full again and that's why they didn't do it the first time.

Dave0528

Sep 22, 2020
Truck Year
Yea I don't think it will regen with engine light on insurance has decided to cover it through the theft which they should pretty convenient it goes into limp mode twenty four hours after it's been gone for 20 days and the mechanic just checked over so I got a rental should all good just waiting for sensor