• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 Dodge Ram Laramie eco diesel

Barney

Apr 5, 2016
Truck Year
What year is your truck and how many miles is on it? If you don’t mind me asking, what did it cost to get yours replaced?

My 1500 diesel is a 2016 with a little less than 24,000 miles. The repairs were covered under warranty. I had been having what I thought was an excessive number of exhaust filter regenerations. I suspect it was caused by the sensor before it fully failed and I got the malfunction light. The dealer said it had an intermittent short in the wiring.

Vicki Henley

Feb 22, 2018
Truck Year
My 1500 diesel is a 2016 with a little less than 24,000 miles. The repairs were covered under warranty. I had been having what I thought was an excessive number of exhaust filter regenerations. I suspect it was caused by the sensor before it fully failed and I got the malfunction light. The dealer said it had an intermittent short in the wiring.

I took mine into the dealership but the engine light had gone off by then. The registered my visit so that even if I go over the 36,000 mile warranty, they’ll cover it if that code comes up again. Apparently it is quite an expensive fix. I was also told that these sensors should not be even coding until after 75,000 miles. Glad you got yours fix while under warranty.

Barney

Apr 5, 2016
Truck Year
Hey Folks,

Has anyone drawn any connection between the particulate sensor and exhaust filter regeneration? I suspect that my 2016 has had a defective particulate sensor for some time. From the time it was new, I got frequent messages saying exhaust filter 80% full. Last week the malfunction light came on and the message on my cell phone indicated it was not urgent, but get the truck to the dealer. It turned out to be an intermittent short in the wire to the particulate sensor. I did a little digging into generic diesel exhaust systems and found there appeared to be a connection between the particulate sensor and exhaust filter regeneration frequency. A friend of mine who bought the same truck in 2016 says he almost never sees the exhaust filter 80% full message. Any thoughts?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hey Folks,

Has anyone drawn any connection between the particulate sensor and exhaust filter regeneration? I suspect that my 2016 has had a defective particulate sensor for some time. From the time it was new, I got frequent messages saying exhaust filter 80% full. Last week the malfunction light came on and the message on my cell phone indicated it was not urgent, but get the truck to the dealer. It turned out to be an intermittent short in the wire to the particulate sensor. I did a little digging into generic diesel exhaust systems and found there appeared to be a connection between the particulate sensor and exhaust filter regeneration frequency. A friend of mine who bought the same truck in 2016 says he almost never sees the exhaust filter 80% full message. Any thoughts?

Logically, if the sensor isn't working properly then it's very possible the DPF isn't performing properly.

Vicki Henley

Feb 22, 2018
Truck Year
Hey Folks,

I did get one message saying that my exhaust filter was 80% full and that was before I ever got the code for my particulate sensor. I think they’re tied in together. I did mention this when I took my truck into the dealership. The service rep that I talked to noted this on my file and stated that they were more than likely linked.