• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 eco and no heat

Embray Consulting

Feb 14, 2016
Truck Year
Anyone had a problem with no heat even though engine temperature is normal range?
its -30 outside and the heater only blows ice cold air.
Have an appointment with a local dealer and my fear is once in a nice warm garage it will work again.
How important is the front grill cover? My dealer says he has one for me on my next trip in but they are 3 hours away.
I saved $8000 driving 3 hours to a Toronto dealer vs. dealing locally.
Any feed back appreciated

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome!

I think the grill cover would help in this situation. But, since it's blowing all cold air something else is wrong. On the GM's I've had I know the actuator goes back under the dash..I'm sure Rams are built the same way.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Possibly the coolant bypass valve failed. I hope you get it figured out soon.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
At -30, yes, you would need to drive over 20 km, just to get coolant near the mid point on the gauge, probably not even that. Also, you will be see the soot level increase very fast, resulting in frequent REGEN. Probably won't be able to reach REGEN temperatures needed and don't be surprise when your EVIC tells you, your filter is 80 percent full.

According to FCA , temperatures 7c and colder would be the start to use winter covers. I hear rumours, that they plan to expand the grill cover, to completely cover the rad automatically, instead of partial coverage on current models.

If the air blowing in, is very cold, then probably another issue.

EcoSki

Nov 16, 2015
Truck Year
I had this happen a couple of weeks ago when it was -23f. The truck was at operating temp but no heat. I got a cel, I will have to look at it again, but it had to do with a bypass valve. The next day it was only -10f and I had heat.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I've seen -35 below and the only issues I have is the blower not quite keeping up with defrosting the windows if there's too many people in the truck. But then again I've had a winter cover on at least partial since it's been 60°F and dwindling.

I do know that if your climate control is on Auto it won't even turn on the blower until the coolant temp is over 100°F.

I'd suspect a thermostat/bypass valve that's locking the coolant in the engines system and not circulating through the heater core.

Have you had any work done to your coolant system?

Wondering if they possibly put over diluted coolant in your truck and there's a spot it's possibly icing up

diesel power 2014

Oct 3, 2015
Truck Year
note check heater core hoses which you most likely have one should be hot and other if working
correctly cooler as core can take 8-10 degrees off of engine. And if engine coolant not correct and
icing coolant should not circulate and engine over heat problem.
Note to this my 2014 does not like to warm up as it should.I have not spoke to anyone at Chrysler
but waiting to see what if any they will do.

marcm

Dec 5, 2015
Truck Year
had it happen to me this morning at -36c. truck was warmed up but zero heat blowing. shut truck off and restarted and within seconds it started blowing warm air. no trouble lights or codes shown. I have a winter front, it was plugged in and truck only has 3300kms. chalk it up to a gremlin I guess.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I don't like gremlins