• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 Eco Diesel fix problem

leon furman

May 30, 2019
Truck Year
Just had my 2016 Eco Diesel (6000 miles) repaired by local Dodge/Ram dealership yesterday. Fix took 5 hours (3 other recalls also fixed). Drove the truck off the lot and noticed that it seemed sluggish. Came to the first stop light behind other cars. When the light turned green the car in front of me accelerated normally, when I went to accelerate, the truck hardly moved, I pressed harder on the accelerator pedal, and the trucked jumped and started to accelerate at a high level. I had to break to keep from hitting the car in front of me. It appears that the fix by Ram had an effect on the turbo. The truck on the freeway seemed normal, power didn't appear to change. I have contacted the law firm that represented the original class action law suit. I really don't want to take the truck back to the dealership as they didn't seem to know what the fix would do to the performance of the vehicle when I asked. I am really disappointed as I really liked the way the truck performed prior to the fix. I will keep the post up to date as to the status of the truck.

leon furman

May 30, 2019
Truck Year
Has anyone else had this problem? I know the fix was just implemented and most of the Eco Diesels haven't been fixed yet

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the forum! I've seen a few posts with owners commenting on how the truck drives different after the reflash. So you're not the only one.

Arkie 16

Apr 3, 2018
Truck Year
16 still under 36 /36 full warranty till August. If the extended parts period starts at the start of the reflash why should we 16 low mileage owners get the flash done earlier that the end of our existing coverage? Only thing I think of is cash in hand.

Liggett

Sep 13, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
All these reply's (on this forum and others) and issues with the fix make me wonder if FCA or the dealerships really know what they're doing regarding the "fix" to 2016 and earlier Eco's. My 2018 had none of the issues of sluggishness before the GDE tune at 345 miles. Granted, the GDE woke up the truck, but it wasn't terrible beforehand and the 2016 or previous "update" was supposed to replicate the 2017-2018 EPA required tune.

leon furman

May 30, 2019
Truck Year
Talked to GM of dealership today. He stated that the MFG gave the dealerships no information other then the reprograming. They directed the dealership to have the customers call the customer care center for any questions regarding the Eco Diesel. The diesel mechanic had no idea what had been changed other then reprograming. He did not have any idea of why the truck dynamics have changed. Just checked my mileage for the first 80 miles (21.4). The average mileage for the first 6K mileage was 24.5. I thought the settlement said the mileage would not change. I think the information (facts from the MFG) that were presented to the court were lies by the manufacturer just to close the case. I think Fiat/Chrysler is in the same boat as VW and just keep lying to the court. I am going to drive my truck about 200 miles and check the mileage again. if it stays at 21.4 or less, I going to get an independent lawyer and see if the case against Fiat/Chrysler can be reopened due to false information being given to the court.