• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 won't start

Richard D Carr

Aug 27, 2017
Truck Year
Was out of town getting ready for hunting season. My wife hit a small log that knocked muffler off bracket. I put muffler back on, no apparent damage, immediately got fault "service def soon see dealer" being a Sunday, could not find an open service department. After I got home truck will not start. Suggestions?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Was out of town getting ready for hunting season. My wife hit a small log that knocked muffler off bracket. I put muffler back on, no apparent damage, immediately got fault "service def soon see dealer" being a Sunday, could not find an open service department. After I got home truck will not start. Suggestions?

Perhaps some exhaust sensors got hit/broken on the exhaust? Just thinking out loud here since you have a DEF fault in the dash.
Welcome to the site. I'm sure we'll have some others reply soon.

Richard D Carr

Aug 27, 2017
Truck Year
Perhaps some exhaust sensors got hit/broken on the exhaust? Just thinking out loud here since you have a DEF fault in the dash.
Welcome to the site. I'm sure we'll have some others reply soon.
That's kinda of what I thought too, was wondering if anyone had a similar issue

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Theres a trick to jumping one of the relays but I cant remember which one off hand. That well allow it to start so you can drive it in.

Richard D Carr

Aug 27, 2017
Truck Year
I read there was a way to start it but don't have details. If anyone knows I would sure appreciate it. At least save the tow bill

Richard D Carr

Aug 27, 2017
Truck Year
Thanks again, you just saved me a tow bill and a lot of time. I just tried it and it fired right up. My wife thanks you also. This is my first form of any kind.

Scott7091968

Aug 29, 2017
Truck Year
I removed the relay and ran 2 wires (male blade connectors at relay) from the underhood fuse relay center then under the driver door weatherstrip to a momentary push button switch.
This works well when it's difficult to get to a dealership

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I removed the relay and ran 2 wires (male blade connectors at relay) from the underhood fuse relay center then under the driver door weatherstrip to a momentary push button switch.
This works well when it's difficult to get to a dealership

Welcome Scott