• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2017 Eco Diesel Caught Fire

drodgers

May 24, 2019
Anyone have their 2017 catch on fire? We were driving down the road, throttle sensor indicator came on, lost power, called the dealership for a tow and as my husband was on the phone with the dealership smoke started rolling out from under the hood. He got out opened the hood and their was a fire under the hood. I called 911 and before the fire truck could arrive the entire cab was engulfed.

Truck sent us an email with a vehicle Health Report at the time the fire was enfulfed, stating throttle sensor indicator needed attention, then it sent us another Health Report 4 hours later stating everything was good with the truck (LOL beg to differ since there was little left of the cab)

Chrysler Financial wouldn't even stop interest on our payments while we did our insurance claims.

Safe to say we will NOT be doing business with Chrysler Financial or Dodge again and we have driven Chrysler or Dodge for 36 years! Would it be too much to ask to stop the interest long enough to get the claims done? Thanks for taking care of your customers Chrysler...NOT!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! You're not the only one to have a fire with their EcoDiesel.. search "fire" here and you'll see plenty of threads with more people that had the same issue.

The emails are kinda funny... clearly those need some work I'd say :D

fireball

Mar 26, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
My 2018 burnt up parked in my driveway on ash wensday FCA is really lacking in customer support in this matter. Truck still under warranty total loss and FCA has had no direct cumnication with me want me to settle with insurance when truck is still under warranty. WTF I want it fixed or replaced.

John

Nov 13, 2015
My 2018 burnt up parked in my driveway on ash wensday FCA is really lacking in customer support in this matter. Truck still under warranty total loss and FCA has had no direct cumnication with me want me to settle with insurance when truck is still under warranty. WTF I want it fixed or replaced.
Your best bet is to go through your insurance company. Fires are not covered under FCA's warranty. If your insurance company can determine FCA was at fault, they will file a claim against them. This is exactly what insurance is for.

fireball

Mar 26, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
You seem to have missed the part that the truck had 28000 miles on it with bumper to bumper warranty why should my insurance have to pay for a vehicle that self destructed. can you say manufacturer defect.

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
you are saving yourself a lot of money now, maintenance on these trucks are so expensive if you do the math you are further ahead buying a gas job

John

Nov 13, 2015
You seem to have missed the part that the truck had 28000 miles on it with bumper to bumper warranty why should my insurance have to pay for a vehicle that self destructed. can you say manufacturer defect.
At this point in time it's probably not known what caused the fire. If you get in a collision because the brakes possibly failed, do you call your insurance company or return the truck to the dealer for warranty?

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
count your blessings you will be saving huge,now go buy a gm denali or the new ford 3 litre diesel

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
No automaker is going to cover a fire that burns the truck down until the insurance company sues them. No not one.

Recommend the rest of you remove those foam sound insulator pads from the top of your engines & inspect your engine periodically for injector leaks.

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
No automaker is going to cover a fire that burns the truck down until the insurance company sues them. No not one.

Recommend the rest of you remove those foam sound insulator pads from the top of your engines & inspect your engine periodically for injector leaks.

I see you recommend this a lot. Does it not affect anything else? Heat from the hood wearing the paint? Engine performance in cold weather?

Chickaboomboom

Jul 4, 2019
Truck Year
I am also interested is heading what they said... My 2016 just did the exact same thing service electronic throttle light came on truck lost power and when I pulled over and popped the hood the rear of the engine compartment was on fire. I put it out so damage is minimal put now I am getting the runaround from the dealership. They had the truck for 3 days and they claim they still don't know what's wrong with it.

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
wish mine would burn I would just take the tires off while its burning and say that I tried to salvage something and thats about all that I could see that is worth something oh and my OBD2 reader

fireball

Mar 26, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
it's called a class action lawsuit keep you posted but if you own a eco don't park it in your garage