• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2017 EcoDiesel 4K miles Code P050E

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

PaulSimard

Mar 22, 2018
Truck Year

RJSTOCK

Mar 24, 2018
Truck Year
I live on the Central Coast, California it doesn’t get too cold. Dodge said their currently waiting for the EPA to approve a download fix. Just wondering if their just telling me that to keep me appeased.
Not good to hear THAT. As I'm picking one up on Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

missmyz71

Mar 25, 2018
Truck Year
Hi paul towards your situation that is the same fix fca tec had installed into my truck on Friday march 23 :/ so it should be out there for you to be able to get flashed , in less of course they reset my truck and said they fixed it . So it be interesting to see what you find out about it . Good luck bud

PaulSimard

Mar 22, 2018
Truck Year
Hi paul towards your situation that is the same fix fca tec had installed into my truck on Friday march 23 :/ so it should be out there for you to be able to get flashed , in less of course they reset my truck and said they fixed it . So it be interesting to see what you find out about it . Good luck bud
It will be interesting to see if your CEL comes back on I think once reset it triggers at 600 miles. Please let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulSimard

Mar 22, 2018
Truck Year
It will be interesting to see if your CEL comes back on I think once reset it triggers at 600 miles. Please let me know

Contacted by Dodge yesterday 3/28/18 they said the software has been developed and approved by the EPA. Taking my truck in today to have it installed.

PaulSimard

Mar 22, 2018
Truck Year
Contacted by Dodge yesterday 3/28/18 they said the software has been developed and approved by the EPA. Taking my truck in today to have it installed.

5f2ef8940aa7e1ed71ea70b73305b114.jpg

Oconomowoc

Jan 22, 2018
Truck Year
Any fix yet for the code P050E
I had that code last week. I didn’t plug my truck in the night before. Morning temp was in the teens. I drove it a little to aggressively without a warm up. I had that code within 100 yards of leaving my driveway. Took it to the dealer and he cleared it. Told me to bring it back if it happens again. Must plug in , and give at least 20seconds to warm before pushing it.
I took it camping 3weeks ago, morning temps were in the teens and there was no plug in. I let it idle for a minute before driving. No issues
2017 stock Laramie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PaulSimard

Mar 22, 2018
Truck Year
Any fix yet for the code P050E
Update: Dodge installed the P050E update. I drove my truck 700 miles this past weekend, NO CEL!! They also did a New full download on my transmission software. What a huge difference truck is much more responsive and it got rid of the lag. VERY HAPPY!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Update: Dodge installed the P050E update. I drove my truck 700 miles this past weekend, NO CEL!! They also did a New full download on my transmission software. What a huge difference truck is much more responsive and it got rid of the lag. VERY HAPPY!

Thanks for the update Paul!