• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2017 EcoDiesel (Tradesman)...first diesel for me

BigRedRam

Mar 28, 2019
Truck Year
Just bought my first diesel 3 weeks ago. I've already clocked 2500 miles on it and I couldn't be happier. It's sits on 6" of lift with 37"x12.5x20's on XD wheels. Truck has 35k on it and I just did an oil change (Rotella T6/Mopar filter), fuel filter (Mopar) and air filter (WIX).

Glad to see there is a growing online community surrounding these trucks.

BigRedRam

Mar 28, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome, great looking truck! what kind of MPG hit did you take with the 6" lift and 35's?

Not a big one....I still get 20-25 consistently if I drive reasonable. I drive this truck for work, about 150-200 miles a day. Usually a mix of highway and around town and my avg is 22mpg. I can stretch it up to 25mpg if I stay out of the throttle. The engine pulls those 37s around like they're not even there.

BigRedRam

Mar 28, 2019
Truck Year
Nice truck! Get the EGR turned off if you have not already!

I would love to do a delete. Unfortunately we have emmissions inspections where I live. If it was up to me I'd do a full delete, DPF and EGR. If I could turn the egr off with programming and turn it back on for inspections I would...not sure if that can be done though.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I would love to do a delete. Unfortunately we have emmissions inspections where I live. If it was up to me I'd do a full delete, DPF and EGR. If I could turn the egr off with programming and turn it back on for inspections I would...not sure if that can be done though.
The GDE tune turns off the EGR and you still pass inspections. I wouldn't do a delete either, at least until all warranties are gone.

BigRedRam

Mar 28, 2019
Truck Year
The GDE tune turns off the EGR and you still pass inspections. I wouldn't do a delete either, at least until all warranties are gone.

This truck started life in Canada. Apparently there's no warranty here in the US because of that. I did just have a recall done. But warranty is void. I have 35k on the clock so I would only have 1k left if I did have a warranty. I will def check out the GDE tune. Banks has one too but not sure how good it is.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
This truck started life in Canada. Apparently there's no warranty here in the US because of that. I did just have a recall done. But warranty is void. I have 35k on the clock so I would only have 1k left if I did have a warranty. I will def check out the GDE tune. Banks has one too but not sure how good it is.
I think Banks is more focused on raw power, but I am not sure. PPEI has one too. I was only looking to make my truck last longer and get better mileage so I went with GDE.