• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2018 EcoDiesel 1500

NolaRob

Nov 16, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hi guys. First post. My 2018 Laramie EcoDiesel Engine died today on the interstate. Tapping, then low oil pressure, then dead. No leaking oil noticed. 33k miles, have owned since new. Towed to dealer. Will call in AM to talk to them. But looking for any ideas. Thanks in advance

Bob Morris

Nov 16, 2015
Truck Year
Hi guys. First post. My 2018 Laramie EcoDiesel Engine died today on the interstate. Tapping, then low oil pressure, then dead. No leaking oil noticed. 33k miles, have owned since new. Towed to dealer. Will call in AM to talk to them. But looking for any ideas. Thanks in advance
Get ready. My 15 did the same at 20K miles. They tried to “repair by replacing bottom end. Ran like a slug. I found out they dry fired the engine on restart. Scored the injectors. (No wonder it ran so poorly). Engine gave it up again. This time upper end. ( oil dilution from pissing injectors). They replace with a complete all component crate engine. Ran like a dream. 6 months later I got “Pit maneuvered” on the freeway. Totaled my truck. Got a new ‘18. Love it so far. Did the GDE tune right off the bat. Keeping fingers crossed at 36K.

werner t. hoermann

Oct 16, 2020
Truck Year
All I can tell you is "good luck"

Ralieb

Oct 23, 2020
Truck Year
Mine did same thing did you ever have to take it in for check engine lights 9 times in on mine, the last time it just died said no oil. dealer said egr finally failed, they put new egr in did flash and recall up dates, 2k miles later engine started shuddering, chugging like was missing on cylinders, 3 weeks in the shop no diagnoses, did fca complaint, they put new engine in. Still couldn't tell me why it shuddered and chugged, now at 1 week and 400 miles on new engine no problems yet.

NolaRob

Nov 16, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Mine did same thing did you ever have to take it in for check engine lights 9 times in on mine, the last time it just died said no oil. dealer said egr finally failed, they put new egr in did flash and recall up dates, 2k miles later engine started shuddering, chugging like was missing on cylinders, 3 weeks in the shop no diagnoses, did fca complaint, they put new engine in. Still couldn't tell me why it shuddered and chugged, now at 1 week and 400 miles on new engine no problems yet.
Thanks. Just got word today new engine will be installed.

NolaRob

Nov 16, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the forum! Hopefully its not a major failure, but keep us updated on what the dealer as to say.
Getting a new engine. Dealer sent pictures of metal in oil and they did not make them tear it down. Just are sending new engine