• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2018 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie Shortbox

Bauernschmidt

Jan 22, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have 5000 miles on my motor. I haven’t seen any problems with the 2018 Eco diesel does anybody know of any?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have a little over 4000 miles on my 18 I tuned it a wile ago to avoid any problems got better fuel mileage and runs a lot better

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
4000 miles? Man, you need to drive that thing. Drop by Talladega and lets go take it out on the track!

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I also have a 2500 with a Cummins its's a 2011 with 30.300 on it and a 1995 with 101000

B. Smith

Feb 20, 2018
Truck Year
I also have an '18 with 18k miles. GDE hot tune and GDE tranny tuned since 600 mile mark. I did get a recall notice for the tailgate issue. Runs and drives awesome. And living in Florida, I use distilled water only in my DEF tank. Still no issues. ✌️

Chaindawgg

Jun 9, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I also have an '18 with 18k miles. GDE hot tune and GDE tranny tuned since 600 mile mark. I did get a recall notice for the tailgate issue. Runs and drives awesome. And living in Florida, I use distilled water only in my DEF tank. Still no issues. ✌

Did you have any concerns with a tune and if it would void warranty. I have an 18 with 2k miles and the warranty is constantly on my mind. Is it possible to buy a 2nd tuned ECM and then swap out for stock if issues arise? Or will hrs and or mileage be recorded? Can't seem to find out details.

Last edited:

Luc_sko

May 29, 2019
Truck Year
Did you have any concerns with a tune and if it would void warranty. I have an 18 with 2k miles and the warranty is constantly on my mind. Is it possible to by a 2nd turned ECM and then swap out for stock if issues arise? Or will hrs and or mileage be recorded? Can't seem to find out details.
You can keep your stock ECM and swap them if you want. Chances of the dealer noticing a bench flashed tune like GDE is slim. It is possible but most have had warranty work done with no issues.