2019+ ecos issues and more

• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Blaine
www.tcdiesel.com
Truck Year
I hope GDE has the tune soon, I've dealt with the Powers at NVFEL and EPA, very time consuming and costly.

In the mean time try to only drive in Hwy needs, and if you do drive city NO dart driving will aid in lower soot production. Keep your fuel tank full when convenient and try NOT to drop below 1/4 tank.

I have Not checked the 2019 for Urea sensor, So stay at 67/33, owners 2014-16 can use distilled water at 1 Gallon DS to 2.5 Gallons DEF this will dropped the concentration to 20/80 for the crystallized DEF injector issues. I have used My Eco at 10% Urea 90% DS 2015 issue free, My guess is the 2019 Eco's are 22% trigged Code like the Big Rams.

Yes the NOx Sensor is that for giving in those Years 2014-16.

Sundancekid

Feb 2, 2020
El Dorado Hills
Truck Year
Hello! new here, i just bought a 2019 Eco-diesel. I have been reading a lot about the past engines and issues. But the details for these generations and the changes are very hard to find and even Wikipedia doesn't have much info on them.
I hoping this new thread will include peoples posts of experience, details on engines, tunes, and generational advantages and disadvantages. Please post your knowledge!

what generation is my engine? 3rd? what years are the generations and differences?

upcoming tunes for the 2019 version? C.A.R.B. legal tunes?

anyone having towing issues?

what about that smell of burning plastic? common?

again, I switched from a Silverado based on price and economy/love diesels. hoping we can get the most info to make these trucks worth keeping. We all know that some people on forums speak out of their asses, so keep the information viable and reliable.
:D
-Shawn
I am also new to the forum and just purchased my ecodiesel last night. 2019 Ecodiesel Laramie 4x4 with the 3.92 ratio and limited slip diff. I have a couple RAM 3500 dually trucks with the cummins for our business and think they are
great. I wanted this for personal use. I will be doing some towing and mostly freeway driving. I am curious to see how it does over time. Any recommendations for these trucks? has a little bit of “dead pedal”, but not sure yet if it is just a matter of getting use to it. I have read about the pedal commander and tuners. does anyone have feedback on that?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Blaine
www.tcdiesel.com
Truck Year
The BD Pedal commander does work, it just changes the APPS ,ticks the sensor into sending the Position is higher/more pedal. You won't see as great a difference as the BD Cummins commander. I would just adapt to the 3.0 driving before dropping the $$$.

The 3.0 Fairs good with HWY driving, grocery getting increases the risk of EGR/Plenum problems.

Keep your DEF/Fuel tank full when convenient, and try not to drop below 1/4, the in tank pump gets hot and prematurely fails. the return from CP4 and Injectors dumps warm/hot fuel right on top of the pump.

Some will Disagree with the DEF Tank IMO your better off keeping it full, I also have decades of Urea use and manufacturing, know it properties well, I have Never had a DEF problem in 13 Years of owning DEF Trucks, this includes Eco to class 8.

Hansmichael1388

Feb 1, 2020
Perris Ca
Truck Year
My new truck is breaking in funny. It seems to be losing coolant I got a good deal on it, from rebates, but I'm about to file for lemon law. Jk i only have 700m on it check engine light already.