• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2019 Ram 1500 Classic ecodiesel opinions needed....

Racerherbie

Dec 3, 2019
Truck Year
Need some opinions...I put a hold on a brand new 2019 1500 classic Laramie 4x4 (pretty much loaded). The dealer can't sell it to me until they get the EGR fix so I have time to look around so there was no harm in holding it. The price was too good to overlook, 37k. I currently have a 2001 F250 crew cab Lariat 7.3 short box with low miles. Issue is it's just too big and I don't use it like I used to. Want to downsize and get rid of a car and the truck. If I bought the Ram I would buy the HD diesel tune and keep my old one as well for those deal visits. So my question is it worth the savings to go this route and deal with the possible issues or just get the Ram with the e-torque engine and not worry about anything. To get a the new 2020 Ecodiesel with what I want is a bit out of my price range. I do keep my vehicles for a long time!

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
In my humble opinion, keep looking. If you’re dead set on diesel, there are more reliable options out there. There’s a couple current generation Eco Diesel owners on this forum that love their trucks. Regardless, I don’t see many significant changes in the design...not to mention, the emissions components on these truck are cancer...hopefully, TC, Vern, Carl, or some of the Mods can chime in.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! If you can keep your warranty then go for it. Otherwise, I'd go and look around at a few options out there just because of the recalls and other issues the EcoDiesel's are having.

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
Good warranty and a knowledgable service department is most important. If you don't have someone local that knows the Eco, you're not gonna have much luck.