• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2020 ED; should i trade this truck in ?

uga40

Jan 6, 2021
Truck Year
Reading all the posts on here it seems like I need to trade this truck in and take my loss. I don't drive it that much, but try to make a 30 minute hwy drive once a week to get it up to operating temp. Is anyone tracking the REGEN of the 2020? Is it burning off enough in passive mode?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! Tons of horror, but people come here to complain. I recommend driving your truck and enjoying it.

As far as driving, the EcoDiesel (or any modern diesel) likes it's highway time to properly clean out/regen the soot in the exhaust. I'd recommend a nice Sunday drive weekly down the interstate to keep it up! Maybe a monitor to track soot % would help as well.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
UGA40, You will need to log your own data. It would next to impossible for some to habitually Drive the same as You. That being said this engine cannot be equal to the new Technology coming, In HEAD EGR (No external EGR..2020+ have two external EGRs) NO DPF, NO VGT Turbo. DSL's of the future Need.... Better reliability, MPG, Emissions, and less cost to survive its that simple. Fiat already have this Technology at FPT. (Fiat Power Technology)

No matter How VM markets this engine (3.0) its 15 Years old, belongs in 3200LBS cars, that's the Original design and Intent Both GM/VM Versioned in 2004-6 and the reason its somewhat successful in EURO.

BoostN This site and the entire Ecodiesel Future rest in the hands of Fiat/Stellantis

30 minutes of HWY VS how many minutes Stop and go City, IMO for every 1.25-1.5hrs of city driving You Need 8/10 miles of HWY speeds to Active regen the city miles.

uga40

Jan 6, 2021
Truck Year
Thanks TC, so sounds like i need to get an F150 gasser..................

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
UGA40, I would check out Ram Gasser, The 8HP Trans plus the 5.7/3.6 has Ford beat, the Limited smokes Fords 1500 in every category, Plus Ram's have Air ride Option, That Option alone in My use disqualifies Ford/GM.

The New Cab with its new anti-corrosion materials should equal Fords Aluminum Bodies W/O the cost, and the New Ram Swing Gate is nice, Rambox for those that outback convivences nice.

Plus My 2019 Limited 5.7 MPG surpasses even My expectations.