• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2020 oil consumption

cub

Aug 17, 2021
Truck Year
Purchased new in December 2020 and had to add a quart of oil after 4800 miles. My friend purchased a new eco diesel in 2015 and hasn’t experienced oil consumption in the first 180000 miles. So what gives?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
My guess is it was probably low to begin with? I assume you have checked for leaks, etc....

cub

Aug 17, 2021
Truck Year
My guess is it was probably low to begin with? I assume you have checked for leaks, etc....
Yes I’ve checked for leaks and none found. It’s using a guart of oil every 4000 to 5000 miles. I just wanted to ask if this the normal for the eco diesel.

cub

Aug 17, 2021
Truck Year
I've not seen any reports of this on the newer ones. Did you chat with the dealer?
Had a oil change ($287.13)and oil consumption test at a dealership. After the oil change I found my oil fill cap loose plus they forgot to reset the oil change gauge. So I don’t have much confidence in this dealership, so as the process continues.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Had a oil change ($287.13)and oil consumption test at a dealership. After the oil change I found my oil fill cap loose plus they forgot to reset the oil change gauge. So I don’t have much confidence in this dealership, so as the process continues.

Understood, keep us updated! You can always go to another one to get a second opinion.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
can you describe the "oil consumption test"?

cub

Aug 17, 2021
Truck Year
Pay for oil change and then return to dealership after driving 1500 and have mechanic oil level.
Mechanic checked oil level and said it’s full .. see you later.

Brolord17

Sep 6, 2021
Truck Year
there is a lot of blow by with this engine. i am looking for a oil catch can to stop the blow by.