• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

3.0L FORD DIESEL and 2.8L DURAMAX DIESEL INFO

gofishingup

Sep 2, 2019
Truck Year
Just curious if anyone has heard anything good or bad about the 3.0L diesel that Ford is putting in the F150 or the 2.8L 4 cylinder diesel that Chevy is putting in the Colorado and GMC is putting in the Canyon? Are they experiencing the problems that FCA is with the 3.0L?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
The 2.8L has been around long enough now to pretty much say it's a solid engine. A few have had issues, but all do, but again nothing like the 3.0L EcoDiesel has. It's one of the those that I wouldn't second guess myself if I was looking at one.

The new F150 Diesel hasn't been on the market long, but so far it seems pretty solid in the Facebook groups I'm apart of.

GM has a new I6 3.0L in the 1500 trucks that we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.