• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

3 Months of Problems and Now sending a RAM/Chrysler Engineer

mtbrbike

Sep 17, 2017
Truck Year
June 27 - Engine light and lightning bolt Throttle control light on “Limp mode” took to dealer and they reset the clear the codes. They gave me a loaner.

I called Ram and had an open case for this issue.

June 28 - Got my truck back.

July 26th - Truck lights on Limp mode in Star Lake 3 hours from nearest dealer. Brought the truck into the dealer and they determined it was Map sensor. I had a loaner. Called RAM and they had to escalate the part shipping. Still Waiting on Map Sensor.

August 11th the part came in and fixed my truck.

August 17th - on my way up to camp Engine light and lightning bolt came on went into Limp Mode. Took it to the dealer and said I need a new turbo reset/clear codes and back to full power. Called Ram and left message with 800 number

August 18th - Ram called me back and then spoke to dealer. Dealer called and wanted more testing. I was out of town and about 4 hours from dealer. I told them I will drop it off Monday August 21 at 730 am.

Sunday August 20 - Engine light came on in Tupper Lake and then went out after 30 mins of driving.

Monday August 21 - More testing on the truck because they will not order a turbo without testing a day without the utility of a truck. I have a loaner car

Tuesday August 22 - Called dealers needs injectors and fuel supply. Talked to Sara at dealer do not know the timeframe regarding the truck. Called RAM 800 number left 2 messages with Ambrosia told her we are leaving for a trip this Saturday August 26th for the beach and request something bigger or my truck back.

Wednesday August 23 - Still no truck waiting on parts might take until October. Called RAM and left message with Ambrosia wanting to hear a status update.

3:00 pm spoke to RAM Ambrosia and she stated that truck will not be ready and no other loaners available. I asked to check local dealers and she did and they have the part. She spoke to Donna at the dealer.

Thursday August 24th - Still no truck as they wait for parts which they finally contacted other local dealers and it should be here by Monday. But we are leaving on a vacation that has been planned to the Outer Banks which required 4x4 only to the house and the loaner does not have 4wd. The dealer has no 4wd loaners, and I cannot drive their loaners out of state due to their insurance. So RAM will reimburse me and had to reserve a large SUV at the Syracuse Airport because everyone was rented out except for the airport. Now I have to travel 45 mins to get the rental and left the loaner at airport.

By the time we get back it will be 2 weeks since we haven’t had our family vehicle. Called RAM and left a message August 25th stating I have a rental and I need their mailing address for reimbursement so I provided my email address in the message.

September 5, 2017 - The truck finally got finished in the afternoon and picked it up. After 5 miles from the dealership the lights came on and limp mode (little power) was happening. By that time the dealer was closed and I called today September 6,2017 and they seemed reluctant to fix it. I called RAM Corp and left a message. I have a scheduled appointment for Wednesday, September 13th.

I drove my truck until the light starting blinking called dealer Monday morning on way to work and they said to bring it and they will find me a loaner. Dropped off truck around 11:45 Monday morning September 11th.

Got a call September 13th Wednesday said the truck is ready. Talked to the guy said he drove it 100 miles no light. I then started my way home within 4 miles from the dealer light came on. Took it back and he ran the codes and told me to keep the loaner and it will be awhile.

Got a call September 15th Friday and the dealer stated that Chrysler/RAM engineer is flying in to examine the truck on Tuesday September 19th. Still have my loaner

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Not trying to be negative but I would talk with the dealership owner about a buy back or trading it off. Something is wrong here and it maybe your driving conditions or style. But it's likely just something thats weird and getting overlooked. Hopefully Ram well come through and fix this for you.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
I knew it wouldn't take long for people to blame the owner.

These trucks are toxic property. Nobody wants them.

Scottd

Apr 23, 2017
Truck Year
I knew it wouldn't take long for people to blame the owner.

These trucks are toxic property. Nobody wants them.

I knew it wouldn't take long before you spouted some negativity to a new members post.

Thanks for contributing to our community.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Did you read his post? I think I was preaching to the choir. Facts are facts; you can't pick and choose the facts you like.

cevans

Nov 1, 2015
Truck Year
I don't blame the trucks as so much as the dealership. We have NO idea if the actual problem had anything to do with the MAP sensor, or that any problem since then has been properly diagnosed or repaired.

These trucks are not toxic. There are over 100,000 of these on the road already, and now that the 2017s are available FCA is selling them faster than ever.

Gemman

Sep 24, 2017
Truck Year
June 27 - Engine light and lightning bolt Throttle control light on “Limp mode” took to dealer and they reset the clear the codes. They gave me a loaner.

I called Ram and had an open case for this issue.

June 28 - Got my truck back.

July 26th - Truck lights on Limp mode in Star Lake 3 hours from nearest dealer. Brought the truck into the dealer and they determined it was Map sensor. I had a loaner. Called RAM and they had to escalate the part shipping. Still Waiting on Map Sensor.

August 11th the part came in and fixed my truck.

August 17th - on my way up to camp Engine light and lightning bolt came on went into Limp Mode. Took it to the dealer and said I need a new turbo reset/clear codes and back to full power. Called Ram and left message with 800 number

August 18th - Ram called me back and then spoke to dealer. Dealer called and wanted more testing. I was out of town and about 4 hours from dealer. I told them I will drop it off Monday August 21 at 730 am.

Sunday August 20 - Engine light came on in Tupper Lake and then went out after 30 mins of driving.

Monday August 21 - More testing on the truck because they will not order a turbo without testing a day without the utility of a truck. I have a loaner car

Tuesday August 22 - Called dealers needs injectors and fuel supply. Talked to Sara at dealer do not know the timeframe regarding the truck. Called RAM 800 number left 2 messages with Ambrosia told her we are leaving for a trip this Saturday August 26th for the beach and request something bigger or my truck back.

Wednesday August 23 - Still no truck waiting on parts might take until October. Called RAM and left message with Ambrosia wanting to hear a status update.

3:00 pm spoke to RAM Ambrosia and she stated that truck will not be ready and no other loaners available. I asked to check local dealers and she did and they have the part. She spoke to Donna at the dealer.

Thursday August 24th - Still no truck as they wait for parts which they finally contacted other local dealers and it should be here by Monday. But we are leaving on a vacation that has been planned to the Outer Banks which required 4x4 only to the house and the loaner does not have 4wd. The dealer has no 4wd loaners, and I cannot drive their loaners out of state due to their insurance. So RAM will reimburse me and had to reserve a large SUV at the Syracuse Airport because everyone was rented out except for the airport. Now I have to travel 45 mins to get the rental and left the loaner at airport.

By the time we get back it will be 2 weeks since we haven’t had our family vehicle. Called RAM and left a message August 25th stating I have a rental and I need their mailing address for reimbursement so I provided my email address in the message.

September 5, 2017 - The truck finally got finished in the afternoon and picked it up. After 5 miles from the dealership the lights came on and limp mode (little power) was happening. By that time the dealer was closed and I called today September 6,2017 and they seemed reluctant to fix it. I called RAM Corp and left a message. I have a scheduled appointment for Wednesday, September 13th.

I drove my truck until the light starting blinking called dealer Monday morning on way to work and they said to bring it and they will find me a loaner. Dropped off truck around 11:45 Monday morning September 11th.

Got a call September 13th Wednesday said the truck is ready. Talked to the guy said he drove it 100 miles no light. I then started my way home within 4 miles from the dealer light came on. Took it back and he ran the codes and told me to keep the loaner and it will be awhile.

Got a call September 15th Friday and the dealer stated that Chrysler/RAM engineer is flying in to examine the truck on Tuesday September 19th. Still have my loaner

Any update?
Had a similar experience with a Nissan Xterra. Suspect it was a loose ground somewhere. Never found the issue. After 6 months traded it in.