• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

32+ Mpg possible?

code66

Jun 29, 2015
Downhill in neutral? I'm not sure. Not got over 28 with mine. But I do not take huge distances often so mainly short hauls and into the city some. (small town)

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Mine won't come in until next week but my boss got 32 from norcal to LA last month longhorn crew 4x4 so not a light truck

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
I've caught 30 before. I think I would really have to try to get anymore than that.

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
Are you talking about just hitting that MPG, or are you talking about carrying that as an average? I have carried a 30.2 average hitting well into the 30s.

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
Are you talking about just hitting that MPG, or are you talking about carrying that as an average? I have carried a 30.2 average hitting well into the 30s.

Carrying it. I don't know if I would be able to do it around here.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I got 30.4 on my way to work after a fill up. My commute is 38.7 miles from my drive way to the shops parking lot. The gas station I fill up at is a few miles from my house so this was about a 25 mile drive.

I know I could do 32 but, I'd have to back down from 70 to 60 mph.

Try setting the cruise at 60 next time your on a highway. I think you'll be pretty surprised at the results!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 13

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Ok. I nailed the 32+ mpg. This was a trip from hwy P on okachee to Capital Dr. In Pewaukee. About a 17 maybe 20 mile long trip. Set the cruise at 65.

Took this pic at the end of the off ramp.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 17

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Ok. I nailed the 32+ mpg. This was a trip from hwy P on okachee to Capital Dr. In Pewaukee. About a 17 maybe 20 mile long trip. Set the cruise at 65.

That's awesome... my right foot is just to heavy I guess.

SnowDrift

Jan 2, 2014

I take it not very hilly area? Good numbers either way.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I take it not very hilly area? Good numbers either way.

Yeah. It's pretty flat. One of the few highways that are relatively flat around here.

On a side note. I've noticed a slight improvement in MPG with my cap on the highway. Maybe 1 mpg. But I've lost about 2 mpg in stop and go driving. I'm assuming the added weight is hurting city. Maybe a very slight aerodynamic improvement for freeway driving?

SnowDrift

Jan 2, 2014
Yeah. It's pretty flat. One of the few highways that are relatively flat around here.

On a side note. I've noticed a slight improvement in MPG with my cap on the highway. Maybe 1 mpg. But I've lost about 2 mpg in stop and go driving. I'm assuming the added weight is hurting city. Maybe a very slight aerodynamic improvement for freeway driving?

How much does the cap weigh?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I got 33 or so driving 6 hours home from the dealer brand new.that's the best average I've seen. Then again I've never reset my evic. Always been happy with the number. ;)

Shell did a hypermile road test and nailed 38mpg hand calculated. Factory tune. Persons and cargo. Only a tonneau cover added. Ran just over 1000 miles if I remember right. Like Texas to Michigan or something like that. Really amazing.

I've tried all the tricks but we just don't have the road quality in Minnesota to do it. But keeping it under 60 does help a lot. I just drive 63 almost everywhere all day long. Right when it engages Aero mode to break the wind.

SuperTodd

Sep 28, 2015
Truck Year
When I bought my truck in idaho and drove home to Oregon I averaged 27-28 most of the way. then refueled in chemult and drove to medford and averaged 33 mpg. That was Oct 8. Since then mostly city driving a few short trips on I-5 less than 40 miles a trip and I'm averaging 24 and I just dropped below half a tank. My old 94 ford w 302 I had to fill up weekly, this truck is saving me money:)