• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

9000 miles on new ED

Jambrose711

Jun 14, 2015
Truck Year
Still consider it new, bought it new off the show room floor. 2015 Laramie Limited 4x4 crewcab. Window sticker price was $65k. I paid $49k. With that said, if it wasn't for the deal, I may have gone with the new Ford twin turbo. I didn't want white but it's the only ED within 500 miles. However, the color has grown on me.

Since I purchased the new EcoDiesel I have driven from TX to FL and back, then out to PA where I am now. I've visited half a dozen other states since. I sold original wheels and tires. The Goodyear wasn't for me! I changed over to a Firestone in which was rated amazingly on ice, snow, and water. I have definitely noticed a difference in off road conditions. I also switched out the great floor mats it came with and ordered the laser cut mats from weathertech.

Upgrades in the very near future: A brand new grill replacement to rid of the very blingy chrome. I'd like to see bumper replacements as well but don't want to rid of the sensors, Possible intercooler, and a definite cold air intake system, with an exhaust upgrade.

A few things I've noticed: Throttle response is lagged. I understand that's due to it being a V-6 but it's rather disappointing. A few upgrades and I believe it'll be fixed. I haven't seen over 26mpgs in any conditions and that's with over 7,000 hwy miles. I've read a chip exist, I can't find any reviews on it but it's said to improve horsepower, mpg, and torque and some how undetectable by manufacturer once unplugged.

Most pictures I've posted are not current. It comes as a total shock that I haven't taken any pictures in a few months since upgrades.

Also...the biggest sell for me was unlimited mile warranty. I can't remember but it was 3 or 4 years from Mopar. It's the only warranty of its kind, no one else offers unlimited.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 10

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Very nice intro!!!

As far as the lag. I tell everyone that if it's still around after a couple thousand miles take it in. My truck had lag really bad until about 1200 miles. Now it only happens until the truck gets warm. After that it's non existent. But maybe it's how I drive (very slow).

My two favorite colors on a truck are black and then white. But to each his own as they say. But I say nice choice! And your right that's one hell of a deal!

Welcome to the forum!! This place is growing everyday. Great to have you on board. :)

And......if you or anyone want to sell me those beautiful Laramie chrome grills. I'm your guy. I happen to really like them:D

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome @Jambrose711 .

You're the typical truck owner, we're always wanting more power and better tires! :D

Be sure to ask any questions, the guys here would love to help out any way.

As far as tuning, good tuning that will REALLY make a difference will probably void your powertrain warranty if something major happen.

Jambrose711

Jun 14, 2015
Truck Year
Very nice intro!!!

As far as the lag. I tell everyone that if it's still around after a couple thousand miles take it in. My truck had lag really bad until about 1200 miles. Now it only happens until the truck gets warm. After that it's non existent. But maybe it's how I drive (very slow).

My two favorite colors on a truck are black and then white. But to each his own as they say. But I say nice choice! And your right that's one hell of a deal!

Welcome to the forum!! This place is growing everyday. Great to have you on board. :)

And......if you or anyone want to sell me those beautiful Laramie chrome grills. I'm your guy. I happen to really like them:D

Gotta agree, black is a great color and the white has definitely grown on me. I may have to take it in because now at 9000 miles in still expieriencing that lag. However it still will do the 8.8 sec 0-60. I'd definitely be willing to get rid of that grill. Where are you from?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 7

Jambrose711

Jun 14, 2015
Truck Year
Welcome @Jambrose711 .

You're the typical truck owner, we're always wanting more power and better tires! :D

Be sure to ask any questions, the guys here would love to help out any way.

As far as tuning, good tuning that will REALLY make a difference will probably void your powertrain warranty if something major happen.
In my expierence anytime I have done any performance upgrades I haven't ran into that problem. If the problem with the vehicle is in conjunction with the add on then I have seen it void warranties. However they have to prove it came from add on such as cold air intake, exhaust, etc. But don't get me wrong, the item I describe isn't like a bullydog. They "claim" this OBD2 chip is a simple plug and play gaining horsepower, torque, and increasing fuel economy while once it's removed it's completely undetectable. But it sounds too good to be true.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Gotta agree, black is a great color and the white has definitely grown on me. I may have to take it in because now at 9000 miles in still expieriencing that lag. However it still will do the 8.8 sec 0-60. I'd definitely be willing to get rid of that grill. Where are you from?

Your not alone in regards to the lag. I just think if some experience it and others don't. Maybe it's a simple update?

I'm in southeast Wisconsin. Why don't you shoot me a private message with price and details.?.
Thanks!

RamMan

May 28, 2015
I wonder if the throttle response is just from different opinions based on previous trucks? I know my Silverado gasser felt faster from the get then this ecodiesel but it's a gas engine.