• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A note from BoostN

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
All,

Traffic has slowed down on the forums the past weeks, and I'm not sure if it's due to EcoDiesel owners not having any problems or complaints (that's a good thing!) or if football or other sports/family activities have us tied up. But, I wanted to mention we encourage everyone to post on the forum. It's a community for the members!

I will admit, I haven't posted much lately but I thoroughly enjoyed everything and have no complaints!

If you have friends with EcoDiesels or looking to buy one, or just want to learn more about them.. feel free to send them over here.

I'm looking to start a November and December contest, so don't forget to let others know. We have perks! :D

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Mine has been work...quaking at a tractor dealership is crazy this time of year. On a side note less than 3k miles after having the oil cooler replaced on a friends eco it has failed again this time with nearly no oil left in the engine. There has got to be a solution

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Sad to hear. It's to the point, I'm looking at the coolant reservoir daily and expecting to see it oiled up.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Same here...I'm super nervous about it. Love this truck but if we are going to be plagued by this issue I worry

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yeah I havnt been active much either, I've been working really hard on tons of projects but I do check in every other day.

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Sad to hear. It's to the point, I'm looking at the coolant reservoir daily and expecting to see it oiled up.
Where is this reservoir you guys are watching? ( too new to know better)

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Where is this reservoir you guys are watching? ( too new to know better)
The coolant reservoir is right up top when you open the hood, above the radiator. Has pinkish purple colored coolant. I've learned it likes to change shades of color. Some days it looks very pink. Sometimes darker. Just lighting playing tricks.

The nightmarish pics I've seen of a failed oil cooler show a top inch or so layer of oil/coolant mix in the reservoir and residue on the top and cap.

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Very good to know..i willl look at this tank...i cant imagine adding to it very often tho?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I've never added anything to it. If you're losing coolant, you've got a different problem.

All this being said, don't go 'searching' for problems. More then likely, just routine maintenance is all that's needed for this truck to last you a long and trouble free time.

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Amen to that...

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I've got 14,000 miles put on over the summer and other than the coolant level dropping a little bit I haven't had any problems with my cooler.

Knock on wood. Must've got a good one.

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
I am tuning in regularly. 7,000+ trouble free miles so far.