• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Active Grille Shutters

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I know where they are and what they do. My question is how much of an impact would a steel mesh grille insert, replacing the OEM style 'fin' style, have on the operation of said AGS? Is it operated by speed or measured airflow?

Like this I did on my 04 Yukon...
c09a2e2ad207329302fd569d2f2a6bdd.jpg

Crappy picture but it is a GrillCraft MX series. Really sharp. I think it would look nice.

Last edited:

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
This is the grille. Although their website doesn't list the 2015 model year as an option, it would be similar. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433903957.065510.jpg

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I'm pretty sure anything made for the 14 Would fit the 15.

The shutters open and close with regard to engein temperature. They also can be many positions between open and closed.

I'd be very surprised if a new grill had any effect.

I really like those mesh grills to!

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks for the replies. I didn't figure it would impact the AGS but doesn't hurt to check.

My truck is black and I'm trying to find the right balance of black & chrome. I think the GrillCraft would help a lot. Like I've said, used them before and their stuff is good quality. BUT leaving that lil badge in the corner is a no-no lol.
b4c39579a37b73a5b53d1451f7e21586.jpg

AzRamDiesel

Jan 2, 2014
Once you remove the factory grille, are you able to put it back if you aren't happy with the new one?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
To be honest I haven't dug into it yet. Been a busy week and I've only had her since Friday. But it sure feels like the fins can be separated from the grille shell in one solid piece. If it can be separated, it can be put back together. I shall see this weekend and post what I find if nobody else chimes in with the answer.