• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Advice and suggestions welcome

Alli Payne

Dec 31, 2019
Truck Year
Happy New Year all. Just bought my 2016 Ram eco. It had 24k miles on it and is at 31k now. I love it. I'm not loving the price of an oil change though. I mistakenly believed diesel engines did not need an oil change as frequently as a gas engine. Information is scarce on these vehicles. Just finding what type of oil filter to use is proving to be an adventure. Any tips or tricks y'all have learned would be appreciated. Thanks,

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! 10K is the service interval. I'd recommend reading around our forum as we've got a ton of info around the EcoDiesels here.. also, most dealers up charge just because it's a "diesel". I'd recommend changing it yourself, as it's super easy.. also, do keep receipts for proof of oil change in case any warranty work comes up.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
And a regular OAs will ease your mind on internals. I also installed Fumoto Valve If memory serve me it was F-106.

My preferred Dsl Lube is T6 5-40w.

Last edited:

2015Ram1500

Apr 27, 2019
Truck Year
Happy New Year all. Just bought my 2016 Ram eco. It had 24k miles on it and is at 31k now. I love it. I'm not loving the price of an oil change though. I mistakenly believed diesel engines did not need an oil change as frequently as a gas engine. Information is scarce on these vehicles. Just finding what type of oil filter to use is proving to be an adventure. Any tips or tricks y'all have learned would be appreciated. Thanks,
I replace oil oil filter and fuel filter @ 8000 mile intervals. I buy 3 gallons of Rotella T6 5W-40 for $61 on Amazon. Free shipping with PRIME. The oil change is easy with the filter on top. Just make sure you allow filter to drain fully before it is removed. I found good UTube video on how to change oil. Good luck and welcome to the forum 😎

Trailrunner918

Jan 1, 2020
Truck Year
I would definitely change the oil at 6-8k miles. 10k miles is asking for problems. The manufacturers only list 10k mile intervals as when early engine failure does occur it will more than likely be past the warranty period. A good diesel engine should last a minimum of 300k. I haven't been impressed with the engine failure rate for the Eco diesel power plants. I trying to sell my 2018 Eco diesel but the horrible publicity hasn't helped