• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

AFE Scorcher for EcoDiesel

WesMgc

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
No but I am point that I think the tune needs to be a program change not just a signal boost.
(I could be wrong).

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
I like the idea of them...just can't talk myself into risking my warranty especially after buying an extended

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
I am looking at this too..i could be wrong..but dont think it messed with or resets the ECM...if a dealer recall comes up you can flip the switch to "stock" config ..or just unplug it...handy

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I am looking at this too..i could be wrong..but dont think it messed with or resets the ECM...if a dealer recall comes up you can flip the switch to "stock" config ..or just unplug it...handy

Any "plug-in" module that doesn't "flash" the truck is safer from a warranty standpoint. But, if the dealer and/or Ram digs into the computer enough they would see values out of range from the stock tune. I personally think you would have to destroy the motor for them to dig like that though.

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Any "plug-in" module that doesn't "flash" the truck is safer from a warranty standpoint. But, if the dealer and/or Ram digs into the computer enough they would see values out of range from the stock tune. I personally think you would have to destroy the motor for them to dig like that though.
Thanks for that...may be a good entry level option for me...may not be as all inlcusive as the GDE..but not ready to crack with $1400 after all I have spent on this truck..

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
If you were to run the gde and choose to keep your computer does your odometer stick with yoy or is it stored in the ecu. And would that in essence be a way around the warranty game or will any of the other controllers store any proof of the swap?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
If you were to run the gde and choose to keep your computer does your odometer stick with yoy or is it stored in the ecu. And would that in essence be a way around the warranty game or will any of the other controllers store any proof of the swap?

mileage is not stored in the ECU.. the only think I could think of the dealer could see regen counts and then do the calculation by mileage and figure out a discrepancy.