• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Aftermarket fuel filters

spencer0071

Oct 21, 2017
there are a lot of ETC threads and posts where that says the injectors have been replaced. So I wonder if anyone has installed secondary fuel filters. I am curious to know if anyone with a secondary fuel filter has injector issues.

spencer0071

Oct 21, 2017
Thanks BoostN. I am in the market for a truck again and the ecodiesel is gathered my attention. I had an 03 Hemi, loved the truck and hated the mileage. I cringe at the thought of going back to 15 mpg. Hence my interest in the Ecodiesel. I have read about a lot of issues which is why I am here. I cannot help but wonder if the additions of a few aftermarket parts like an airdog fuel filter would resolve or prevent some of these problems.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Fuel filters. Most aftermarket add on fuel filters filter to the older standard of >5 microns the ED filters to 3 micron, so the addition of additional fuel filters may only catch more water but not more particulate matter. I have used the OEM, the MANN, which is the manufacturer for the OEM, and am now running a WIX fuel filter. They all meet OEM specifications but cost is the difference. OEM $60.00+/-, MANN 26.00, WIX $20.00. I faithfully use a Fuel condition in daily driving and a Fuel system cleaner at oil change just to help the injectors stay clean and clear.
I have replaced air filter, dare I name it? a K&N OEM replacement. I trust them having used them in all my street vehicles for 40 years and professional motorcycle, dirt track, racing for 20 years.
My ED averages 24.5 mpg summer and 22.5 mpg winter with highway mileage between 26.5 to 27.5 speed and terrain dependent. Being a life long die hard Chevy fan, still have one 399K, this RAM has really won me and my wife over. Fit and finish, ride quality, fuel mileage, inside room in the Crew Cab configuration, I even like the airbag suspension. I just wish it didn't cost more than our first house! Good luck on a new ED.