• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Aftermarket Light options

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
My truck came with them HID in the Laramie EcoD..I have leds on the AMP step bar and inside the cap...love em

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I'm seriously considering a light bar up front to run on when traveling lonely backroads. OEM lights leave a lot to desire.

I wonder what brand light bulb is in the factory halogens? I know on my previous vehicles, upgrading to the brightest SilverStars always improved things quite nicely. I just hate to through the coin at them if they're already max lumens....

Dingo Diesel

Nov 1, 2015
Truck Year
Are the projector headlights HID? I really don't know much about HID. I do know some of these A holes on the road have some super bright, white almost blue lights that are almost blinding. I'm guessing they are after market HID and not setup right because when you flash them they flash back and the blinding light turns to a light that will burn a hole through the eye sockets and out the back of my skull. its usually these boy racers in their obnoxious little cars with exhausts that sound like my mother in law farting in a metal trash can.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
I believe the projectors are HID that is what I have as well and truly I have been happy with them.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Haha yes I know of the blinder HID bulbs & kits people put in. Like you, I say no thanks.

I'm talking of the stock halogen bulbs like I have. They just don't light it up well, even with the brights. I wonder if SilverStars would be an upgrade. Hard to tell. This option is easiest.

If that route is unworthy, thinking of a curved lightbar on top of bumper, slim profile that covers no more then to the top of the bottom chrome strip of the grille shell. Would require an in cab switch.

Then last choice would be a 1"x6" 4-6 LED box/light mounted on top and front flush (to get maximum light coverage) of each towhook. Requires hand made mount I'd say, and require switched as well.

All that is subject to ideas & opinions.

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
My truck came with them HID in the Laramie EcoD..I have leds on the AMP step bar and inside the cap...love em
Wrong....I just looked on my sticker I kept fron the window, and I thot it stated HID's in the Laramie options section....but it says Bi-Function Halogen Projector headlamps..so I dont think these are HID...but they are plenty bright for me...I just adjusted them and they look fine....I don't like the blue sharp light of the "other" kind (HIDs?)

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Ya the projector lenses I have are just fine by me. As bright or maybe a little better than my gmc. So I'm good with that.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Actually the factory halogen projector lenses leave a lot to be desired. There's another thread for Enlight HID Retrofit. It is worth every penny.

I actually removed my light bar because it didn't do anything anymore. Crisp solid white light. No blinding other drivers. I don't even use my fogs anymore.

The HID in the factory projector housing is the way to go

cevans

Nov 1, 2015
Truck Year
Search:
02-AZ-DR09-PCC-LED-RF-A

Get these for the best price you can, made in Taiwan by EagleEyes. I've been to their factory and worked with their engineering teams, they make nice stuff. I put a set of high output LEDs in and they are fantastic. They'd work well with a drop in HID kit too since the beam pattern has a sharp cutoff.

Also got rear LED tails. With the new lights my boring tradesman looks WAY better.

I'll take photos and post tonight.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Search:
02-AZ-DR09-PCC-LED-RF-A

Get these for the best price you can, made in Taiwan by EagleEyes. I've been to their factory and worked with their engineering teams, they make nice stuff. I put a set of high output LEDs in and they are fantastic. They'd work well with a drop in HID kit too since the beam pattern has a sharp cutoff.

Also got rear LED tails. With the new lights my boring tradesman looks WAY better.

I'll take photos and post tonight.
Do they use a relay harness as or just an inline error canceller? The new rams have a very picky computer.

Watersupply189

Nov 18, 2015
I installed LED fog and headlight bulbs in my truck. Way brighter than those halogens. I also have a 25" LED bar light and installed LED bulbs in the dome, map, floor, reverse and cargo lights. I guess you can say I'm an LED fanatic! LOL :p

Dingo Diesel

Nov 1, 2015
Truck Year
I'm not totally happy with the projector headlights, I don't think they are very bright.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
i cant drive at night without my led fog lights. man it was the most obvious thing i noticed and immediately fell back in love with at night.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I'm not totally happy with the projector headlights, I don't think they are very bright.
The HID is day and night difference. I wish you could drive my truck to see side by side comparison. It's amazing the difference and really puts out the light the truck should've had to begin with.

EOC

Aug 9, 2016
Truck Year
I know you guys are talking head lights here. But I need to high jack the thread for a moment. Is anyone or has anyone place extra lights on there trucks? I am thinking about getting the Thul bull bar with the led built in and adding a couple of extra fog lights to it. I just don't know where to locate my rocker switches in cab if I do this. Nervous about drilling but know that's the way to go. Would really like some feedback as to were I can put these switches and it look good and be functional.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I know you guys are talking head lights here. But I need to high jack the thread for a moment. Is anyone or has anyone place extra lights on there trucks? I am thinking about getting the Thul bull bar with the led built in and adding a couple of extra fog lights to it. I just don't know where to locate my rocker switches in cab if I do this. Nervous about drilling but know that's the way to go. Would really like some feedback as to were I can put these switches and it look good and be functional.
This isn't much of an answer but there's some dead switches on the dash, even though I have the factory air suspension and every option there's still 1 (or 2?) I always thought it'd be nice to find a way to covert that factory filler to an actual switch for any auxiliary lighting. Like an amber strobe or high quality light bar.

EOC

Aug 9, 2016
Truck Year
This isn't much of an answer but there's some dead switches on the dash, even though I have the factory air suspension and every option there's still 1 (or 2?) I always thought it'd be nice to find a way to covert that factory filler to an actual switch for any auxiliary lighting. Like an amber strobe or high quality light bar.
Yeah I am looking there, I don't have the air bags so I have an extra spot. I am going to have to do a test fit. If I can get it to work, or not work I will post pictures. Now to get the bull bar so I can do this. If you guys have any other suggestions I am open to them. Thanks jdn112011 for the advice!

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Yeah I am looking there, I don't have the air bags so I have an extra spot. I am going to have to do a test fit. If I can get it to work, or not work I will post pictures. Now to get the bull bar so I can do this. If you guys have any other suggestions I am open to them. Thanks jdn112011 for the advice!
Maybe you can find a functional button oem from the dealer or online and then wire it through to a relay harness instead. Worst case scenario those blanks would be the perfect spot to drill and put in a push button lighted switch or a round 3 way rocker maybe? Your preference of course