• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Air cooler intake tubes

Russell Prock

Oct 16, 2016
Truck Year
I just did my first oil change on my 2016 Ram ED. Drive about 100 miles a day and have 8815 miles on it now. Dealer refused to assist in changing with new oil specs, so I did it myself. I also installed new MBRP air cooler intake tubes. 2 things after that install: 1) How much oil is considered excessive in the intake tubes? 2) The new tubes came out of the box with an incredible amount of aluminum shavings inside. I know the instructions say to make sure the insides are clean, but come on...

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I just did my first oil change on my 2016 Ram ED. Drive about 100 miles a day and have 8815 miles on it now. Dealer refused to assist in changing with new oil specs, so I did it myself. I also installed new MBRP air cooler intake tubes. 2 things after that install: 1) How much oil is considered excessive in the intake tubes? 2) The new tubes came out of the box with an incredible amount of aluminum shavings inside. I know the instructions say to make sure the insides are clean, but come on...
That kind of sounds like a crappy deal from mbrp, like seriously? You can cut and bend the Tube, dump it in the box and send it to anyone with $$$ but you can't run it through a wash or even wipe down the part? I'd be pretty unhappy.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

Welcome!

Terrible the dealer didn't assist in the oil change.

I've ran MBRP products on previous trucks and never had an issue.. I wonder if all the pipes are like that or if you got a "Friday" product.

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
whats the gains of the new intake tubes for the ecodiesel?

Russell Prock

Oct 16, 2016
Truck Year
IMG_0027.JPG IMG_0026.JPG No muffler on turbo side, better heat dissipation and less deflection from hoses under pressure.

Russell Prock

Oct 16, 2016
Truck Year
But what about the oil residue in the stock tubes? How much is "excessive"?

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
That looks realllly good!! as far as your oil in the pipes, it seems like most are finding a lot but I would let someone else chime in that has seen it. Wonder if you'll get any mpg gains ?

Russell Prock

Oct 16, 2016
Truck Year
I will watch the MPG. Right now I'm getting 27-28. I drive about 100 miles a day.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
tubes look awesome, and it seems like the majority of the emissions equipped diesels have a lot of blow by.