• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Air ride failure and oil leak in the same day

Chris2016

Nov 4, 2017
Truck Year
Hey

So today I got into my truck to do some running around, when I started the truck I got a service/repair air ride immediately pop up on the screen , I ran to get fuel and came home and did some research after that I drove it to a friends house to use his garage as the front of the truck is all the way down on entry exit mode and the back of the truck is in off-road one after I pulled away from the parking stall I noticed a bunch of oil on the ground
Has anyone else had any of these issues is it just a coincidence that both happened at the same time

D0CD72D2-35D6-4BE4-A849-962A61E2A90A.jpeg F9BD6CC6-5848-41DC-B8F9-2E4CBF6692AB.jpeg B83C756F-A3D5-48A6-B912-232139864F64.jpeg EA24EE28-4528-4C05-A68C-D0DB362A5E7A.jpeg

Chris2016

Nov 4, 2017
Truck Year
I found the leak today , it’s coming from the oil filter cap not sure if it’s the seal or if the cap has actually cracked , won’t be able to check till tomorrow as everything is closed
And with the air ride i changed the blown fuse but can’t start the truck long enough to see if it will fix anything as soon as I start the truck it starts spewing oil out

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
It almost sounds like the truck jumped a curb or took a big bounce or something. seems a little too coincidental to just all of a sudden happen

Chris2016

Nov 4, 2017
Truck Year
No curbs and no big bounces I can think of ,
The truck did sit for three days without being driven though and in that 3 days temperatures dropped and we got snow

Chris2016

Nov 4, 2017
Truck Year
Just an update , I picked up a new oil filter and changed the filter and seal , no more leak the only thing I can think of is the seal didn’t get changed at the last oil change and they reused the old one which eventually failed , also after starting the truck the air ride kicked back in with the new fuse it leveled out and would let me adjust to different heights so let’s hope none of this happens again

I am still going to take the truck in to get the system looked since it did have a message before to service air ride

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just an update , I picked up a new oil filter and changed the filter and seal , no more leak the only thing I can think of is the seal didn’t get changed at the last oil change and they reused the old one which eventually failed , also after starting the truck the air ride kicked back in with the new fuse it leveled out and would let me adjust to different heights so let’s hope none of this happens again

I am still going to take the truck in to get the system looked since it did have a message before to service air ride

Good to hear. Hopefully it's all good.