• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Alledged engine failure on my 2016 ECODIESEL

Mbarber

Jun 14, 2019
Truck Year
Just after I had the recall work done for the settlement. My truck started giving out all kinds of error codes. When the dealer checked my engine. They said that my engine needed to be replaced because it was dusted. That truck has been to the dealer for every required service. Still my fault because I work outside building neighborhoods. Pretty strange when you cant take your 4x4 in the dirt. 15000.00 a new motor. The truck ran perfectly before the " update " was done.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just after I had the recall work done for the settlement. My truck started giving out all kinds of error codes. When the dealer checked my engine. They said that my engine needed to be replaced because it was dusted. That truck has been to the dealer for every required service. Still my fault because I work outside building neighborhoods. Pretty strange when you cant take your 4x4 in the dirt. 15000.00 a new motor. The truck ran perfectly before the " update " was done.

Are you out of warranty? "Dusted", meaning literally dust in the engine or it was ruined?
Edit: looks like me and @John posted at the same time. :D

Last edited:

Mbarber

Jun 14, 2019
Truck Year
The service rep said the the engine was experiencing blow by through the piston rings. They said it was caused by dust getting into the engine through the air filter. I have had no issues with this truck until I did the recall recommended fix. Since then loss of power and several check engine codes. They are telling me I need a new engine.

John

Nov 13, 2015
That doesn't sound right to me. The purpose of the air filter is to filter out the dust. Do you have another dealer you can go to?

Mbarber

Jun 14, 2019
Truck Year
Yes, I am actually going to take it to my personal mechanic, I just feel like these Ram guys dont really know much about this " fix". It just seems too convenient to blame this issue on some dust getting past the air filter..

Mbarber

Jun 14, 2019
Truck Year
124,000 miles, one of the codes has to do with check throttle control. That popped up right after the fix was done when I was driving home. The other was high crankcase pressure.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
High crankcase pressure is blowby the other one could b dirty map sensor and egr tube dirty

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
man, it sux to own a truck that can get killed by some dust. Must have been one whale of a hole in that air filter. This dealer you have makes me worry for the future of humanity or something. wow, just wow.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Unlikely it was dusted with Factory filter in use. it will throw codes WAAAAAAAY before that happens (Intake), and the turbo will self-destruct, now that being said if the filter seal failed in dusty environments yes it happens.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
There are good aftermarket solutions at Green Diesel Engineering to take care of all the dealer tune nonsense.