• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another new Alberta Canada member

duck_man

Jul 18, 2020
Truck Year
Replaced my 2013 Ram Laramie 4x4 Quad Hemi after 256000 km with a 2018 Limited with the EcoDiesel. I should get around to listing the 2013 for sale I suppose. I've put 2500 km on the '18 so far with 2 long highway trips - no towing or heavy loads - and have noticed coolant 'missing' already, even though it has supposedly had the EGR recall completed. Should have bought a Ford...?

And it's ..... SO SLOW compared to the Hemi - I knew this was going to be the case - it's got the post-recall FCA flash. I just need to learn to throttle differently I suppose - 7 years with the Hemi gets you into certain habits. If I didn't have warranty I'd go GDE tomorrow but warranty is more important right now I think.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
if you want to drive it and be happy with it you should tune it. the tune can be taken out and reinstalled at will for warranty work.
most are unhappy with the truck in stock form. very few owners are unhappy with tuned versions!

duck_man

Jul 18, 2020
Truck Year
I'm thinking about it. The Sofa King tune looks good since I can easily flash back to stock and don't have to swap ECU. Is this still true on a 2018 though? There's a security bypass cable I assume gets around whatever locked ECU issue there is.

jsasada81

Apr 5, 2020
Truck Year
Can be great trucks. Definitely figure out the coolant issue...stay on top of the dealer.

GDE tune highly recommended. The tune will give you back that HEMI feeling.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Bth GDE and Sofa King tunes come with hand held tuner now. Both are very reputable

Reactions: Mac

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No Tune will equal Hemi.

If warranty is important don't tune FCA , will be releasing tokens per VIN for Flashing, So that token will be gone. Its going to work like this. I pay for the token to flash VIN# X its good for a year, then you have to repay. My Guess FCA will know if module is flashed W/O Token. Bam!!!! your done, Now if your never going to return for Warranty work it won't matter.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I'm thinking about it. The Sofa King tune looks good since I can easily flash back to stock and don't have to swap ECU. Is this still true on a 2018 though? There's a security bypass cable I assume gets around whatever locked ECU issue there is.
all the tunes r switchable now as long as they r obd2