• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any EGR Delete Tips or Tricks?

Ledtimmy

Sep 12, 2018
Truck Year
I did one last attempt on the T40. With all other bolts removed, you can bend the EGR unit out far enough to spray it with some lubricant from the front side, directly hitting the threads. Tapped and sprayed a coulple times and it came out with a small wratchet.

Bomb33

Jul 28, 2018
Truck Year
Everything is good and I'm 20000kms in. I get avg 8.9 l per 100 km whereas I was getting 10.5 avg before. It's more about longevity and I think gde is where it is at. My high idle now in the winter along with doing lots of short hauls have changed my mpg. But once I get back to work on the long hauls I'm laughing. Wouldn't think twice about doing it again although it was a pain. But I'm no mechanic so that says something. And I deleted the dpf to. Love this truck. Been good to me. 120000kms going strong.

Head_shot_1909

Jan 5, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Where are you finding the sasquatch kits... I've looked and looked online and can't find a complete EGR-DEF kit anywhere hardly and the ones I do find aren't very detailed with what's included

EcoClay95

Dec 12, 2018
Truck Year
So doing my outlaw kit from Sasquatch, can’t get the egr tube off so can I put a block off on top of it?

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Doing a egr delete does it cause any other problem?
As long as your program shuts off the egr then you will not get the multiple error codes and Limp Home Mode. The EGR is actually the cause of many of the eco issues. Of course you are aware of warranty issues, modifications of Federally mandated exhaust emission systems, etc. etc. Banks tune does not turn off the EGR and has CARB/EPA approval most other tunes are "off road only" and will void warranty but turn off the EGR. Good luck.

Farmer6222

Nov 6, 2019
Truck Year
Got everything buttoned back up this afternoon and drove the truck for the first time in a week. I was a little startled when the truck started and immediately a message popped up telling me that the DPF was at 90% and to get my butt on the highway. I complied and a regen started, it probably took 15 miles to complete.

The delete took some time, probably a little more than I figured. The T40 or T35 (maybe model year dependent?) was an absolute pain in the rear end for me, and it’s existence seems like overkill. However, it is there, and it’s securing the cooler onto a bracket that’s mounted on the back of block. The Sasquatch kit came with all the necessary pieces and everything fit well, just as it was designed. I checked for coolant leaks twice after driving, and will probably do so again for the next few days. No codes, no coolant loss, no lack of cabin heat, so as of right now, everything seems good.

Thanks to Sasquatch Parts and Green Diesel Engineering for helping promote the aftermarket for this great platform.
HiIm thinking of deleting the egr cooler on my 2014 ram. My question is did you have to reprogram the computer?