• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any Turbo problems with PPEI tune?

Boondocker

Jun 14, 2017
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hello all, I'm a new member...thought I'd say hello.

I haven't picked up an EcoDiesel yet, still trying to decide between this or a Cummins. I love the thought of the mpg but I'm afraid the EcoDiesel won't have enough torque to pull my 30' enclosed trailer at 10,000 lbs. I feel like I can make the suspension upgrades needed. With the additional 85 ft. pound of torque from the 40 hp. PPEI tune, that should give me enough to comfortably pull the weight. I've read that there was the possibility that turbo could be spinning to quickly for good bearing life. Also, I'm concerned that the egt. will be too high. Looking forward to the forum's responses!!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hello all, I'm a new member...thought I'd say hello.

I haven't picked up an EcoDiesel yet, still trying to decide between this or a Cummins. I love the thought of the mpg but I'm afraid the EcoDiesel won't have enough torque to pull my 30' enclosed trailer at 10,000 lbs. I feel like I can make the suspension upgrades needed. With the additional 85 ft. pound of torque from the 40 hp. PPEI tune, that should give me enough to comfortably pull the weight. I've read that there was the possibility that turbo could be spinning to quickly for good bearing life. Also, I'm concerned that the egt. will be too high. Looking forward to the forum's responses!!

Welcome! Most seem to like PPEI tuning for sure, but I wonder if the EcoDiesel is the right truck for you? The Cummins would most definitely pull the load better. How often are you towing that much weight? I think the max towing of the EcoDiesel equipped truck is around 8K.

Boondocker

Jun 14, 2017
Truck Year
Not Listed
Currently I pull it 6 to 8 times year. I haven't started pulling it loaded to 10k yet, usually 5k to 6k right now. In the future I plan on hauling a race car to the track. The car is only 2500 but by the time you load spares, fuel cans, atv's and the rest, it starts to add up,