• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone had their ecodiesel catch on fire

P Grant

Feb 10, 2021
Truck Year
tempimage6j6by6-jpg.3305

Attachments

• tempImage6J6by6.jpg
    tempImage6J6by6.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 12

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Scary shit. My wifes car caught on fire several years ago after she drove to, got out and went into a giant eagle store. Thank goodness the thing wasn’t setting in our attached garage. Sorry to hear aussie

DeepDvNarq

Oct 27, 2020
Truck Year
thought this would be the right place to post this. I bought a 2015 EcoDiesel a little over a month ago and have had non-stop issues with it until today. I was driving along the high when I a bunch of warning light pop up on the dash, I pull over to the shoulder to check it out and when I lift the hood I see that there is a fire right where the EGR is. Within minutes the entire car was engulfed in flames. leaving only the rear tires intact.
Man I feel for you and I know how it feels. All I can day is good luck with FCA.....now Stellantis. They should have never sold you that truck without having the new EGR replaced.

P Grant

Feb 10, 2021
Truck Year
Man I feel for you and I know how it feels. All I can day is good luck with FCA.....now Stellantis. They should have never sold you that truck without having the new EGR replaced.
Chrysler said they fixed the EGR about 12 days ago so the insurance company will be going after them as well as the dealer

DeepDvNarq

Oct 27, 2020
Truck Year
Chrysler said they fixed the EGR about 12 days ago so the insurance company will be going after them as well as the dealer
And this is why I couldn't trust them to buy another one.
I had 3 investigators come out to look at my truck. All 3 said the same thing that there are many that are burning up.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
YEP, My 2019 limited Vs 2015 Laramie 3.0VM is now $28.00 a month Less cost according to My Insurance agent, He claims its one of the most expensive 1/2 Tons to Insure. That alone eats up all the saving in fuel cost the 3.0VM once had.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year

The 3.0VM, has Turbo, electrical, melded Plenum fires IN additions to the EGR.

GY Diesel

Aug 16, 2021
Truck Year
I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee with an ED 3.0 with about 105k. It started on fire Friday evening. Fortunately, I had pulled into a parking next to an oil change place, and someone there saw the flames and was putting it out as soon as we stopped. A couple of minutes before, I had pulled off of the Interstate and saw a little smoke coming out of the left side of the hood. By the time we got to the parking lot, a couple people told us (later) that there were six foot flames coming out from underneath. Since the fire was put out right away, the fire was limited to the engine compartment and didn't get in the passenger compartment, etc. So, my wife and I were fine and, fortunately, it didn't reach our camper trailer with the two LP tanks on it.

Since the location of the fire sounded like it could be related to the EGR, I wanted to post this. It will be interesting to find out the results of the investigations. Especially since my VIN is not on the recall list for getting any repairs/replacements done.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
GY, How did you put the fire out? We have confirmed 1 owner emptied two extinguisher's with Garden hose and the ED burned completely including the tires.