• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone has use Sofa King Tunes (SFT)

Nuke0019

Jun 23, 2022
Truck Year
I'm considering getting the SFT tune for my 2015 EcoDiesel Outdoorman 4x4, but I am not sure if I need to completely delete/remove the EGR to use the "EGR removed" option, this option is being asked while filling out truck information on their site. Any advice from those who have purchase the SFT tune, I would appreciate it.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
As I posted for you on another forum.
I've had the SFT since 2019. There's no reason or need to remove the EGR.
Their current tune (W58 recall updated) also turns off the DEF system, which I do not like.
I am in the process of ordering the MRT tune which has the option to keep the DEF system working.

BigHornBender

Mar 12, 2020
Truck Year
Hey there John, why are you wanting to keep the DEF system? After that hell of a time I had taking that system out I sure as heck wouldn't want to go back putting it in unless I have a warranty issue at the dealer I need to take it in for.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Hey there John, why are you wanting to keep the DEF system? After that hell of a time I had taking that system out I sure as heck wouldn't want to go back putting it in unless I have a warranty issue at the dealer I need to take it in for.
It sounds like you are deleted. My reasons won't help you but here's my answer.

I see no reason to disable the DEF system. It reduces emissions and has no effect on the truck's performance. When you disable it can be ruined due to crusting or clogging up. Then it is useless and will throw codes when you return to stock tune and go to the dealer for any recalls, etc. - becomes expensive. The only gain of disabling is the cost of DEF. If you are tuned you can run distilled water and save the cost of DEF. That won't reduce emissions but will keep the system clean and operative.

When deleting it should be totally removed, not merely disabled. I'm not a fan of deleting and live in Califunny where they won't register a deleted truck.

Last edited:

BigHornBender

Mar 12, 2020
Truck Year
Understood, yah I went ahead and removed the existing exhaust system with the 15 or so harnesses that monitored god knows what and I felt restricted exhaust flow. The straight pipes I put in are nothing special but just by looking at it and the old exhaust flow has to be alot better than the stock I would think?

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
SFT Stage 2 tuned since 2019....total delete....straight piped from turbo to tips including muffler delete pipe. Love my trucks performance and awesome turbo sounds. I get positive comments all the time for how awesome it sounds without being obnoxious. One other thing thats pretty cool is that even though its fully deleted its still relatively clean out the back end....no rolling coal...actually not much smoke at all...and that sound!

Here's a quick little clip of my truck sounds....still need to do a fly by video to really hear that jet like turbo sound in action

jpezz

May 26, 2021
Truck Year
I'm considering getting the SFT tune for my 2015 EcoDiesel Outdoorman 4x4, but I am not sure if I need to completely delete/remove the EGR to use the "EGR removed" option, this option is being asked while filling out truck information on their site. Any advice from those who have purchase the SFT tune, I would appreciate it.
I have SFT stage 1 and 2 and the trans tune. Both with EGR delete. You want to order the delete EGR with the tune but you don't have to physically remove it from your truck. I used stage 1 with the EGR delete for a year and it is good. I just did stage 2 delete and used FloPro exhaust and it works well but is smelly. I still have the EGR physically on my truck. I only went to stage 2 because I tow a camper in the summer over Colorado Mountains and the oil temps get uncomfortably hot. If you don't tow I don't think stage 2 is worth doing. You may get better street performance if you are at a lower altitude than I am. My oil temps with stage 2 are 10 degrees lower around town and highway but when towing up a mountain pass my oil temps are 15-20 degrees lower and the truck feels very powerful. It's a real game changer for towing in the mountains.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
That option is confusing. They don't remove the EGR, they merely turn it off, disabling it.

BigHornBender

Mar 12, 2020
Truck Year
The EGR removed option should be clicked if you want to have the tune disable the EGR. They say that it renders the EGR inoperable but I went ahead and unplugged the harnesses to it as well just in case. It is still installed in my truck though and have had no error codes due to unplugging it.

Did you get the rally tune option? I think it was worth it for the 40 bucks. Kind of like a supped up pedal commander but also keeps you in gears longer when hammering it down and the throttle response will spin ya tires.

jokirkev

Jan 2, 2021
Truck Year
As I posted for you on another forum.
I've had the SFT since 2019. There's no reason or need to remove the EGR.
Their current tune (W58 recall updated) also turns off the DEF system, which I do not like.
I am in the process of ordering the MRT tune which has the option to keep the DEF system working.
Hi John, Can you share the differences you have seen between SKT and MRT? Please feel free to direct message me!

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Hi John, Can you share the differences you have seen between SKT and MRT? Please feel free to direct message me!
SFT lied to me and said they would send me a new tune. Still waiting, a bit pissed off at SFT. SFT was a decent tune and because of their lie I now have MRT. However, can't make a comparison as haven't used it enough. Got the MRT in late July, was in Maui all of August and am now in Oregon for September. Hopefully can give a factual comparison soon. So far I am pleased with MRT.

jokirkev

Jan 2, 2021
Truck Year
Unfortunately, I haven't seen one of the tuners be truthful. All have been either said the competition is a crook, inflated their knowledge and/or inflated the ability of their tune......

Is it fair to so they are not overly different at this point?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Unfortunately, I haven't seen one of the tuners be truthful. All have been either said the competition is a crook, inflated their knowledge and/or inflated the ability of their tune......

Is it fair to so they are not overly different at this point?
Yes, they are different at this point. Their lie to me wasn't as you commented on. They told me they no longer kept the SCR system working and disabled it. Found out later that was a lie.

jokirkev

Jan 2, 2021
Truck Year
Yes, they are different at this point. Their lie to me wasn't as you commented on. They told me they no longer kept the SCR system working and disabled it. Found out later that was a lie.
Any news to report on your new tune?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Good

Cbelt

May 3, 2022
Truck Year
I have SFT stage 1 and 2 and the trans tune. Both with EGR delete. You want to order the delete EGR with the tune but you don't have to physically remove it from your truck. I used stage 1 with the EGR delete for a year and it is good. I just did stage 2 delete and used FloPro exhaust and it works well but is smelly. I still have the EGR physically on my truck. I only went to stage 2 because I tow a camper in the summer over Colorado Mountains and the oil temps get uncomfortably hot. If you don't tow I don't think stage 2 is worth doing. You may get better street performance if you are at a lower altitude than I am. My oil temps with stage 2 are 10 degrees lower around town and highway but when towing up a mountain pass my oil temps are 15-20 degrees lower and the truck feels very powerful. It's a real game changer for towing in the mountains.
What oil are you using?. I noticed a 10 degrees difference when I changed to STP European 5W40.

jokirkev

Jan 2, 2021
Truck Year
Stage 2 keeps the soot from being dumped in your intake. Smelly = smells like a diesel truck. Stage 2 is the only way to go... unless you are in CA.