• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone know anything about Goodyear Wrangler Authority tire

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
They ride okay but they are definitely a cheap tire and they have weak sidewalls. It's a soft tire and soft compound. Don't expect a ton of life from them otherwise they are okay. Might be rough on the power steering components though. A soft tread and soft sidewall put a lot of stress on the steering at low speeds which I'd be concerned about with the electronic power steering

Don the 2

Feb 14, 2016
Truck Year
owned a set on my 2006 dodge ram. Best tire I have ever had in snow and ice not a lot more road noise. Went with 06 when I traded for a 2015 Eco ram 1500 they had 20,000 miles on them and still looked new. I couldn't get them in a 20" size for my 2015 so I got the Goodyear Duratracs instead these are the best tires I have ever had period.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
owned a set on my 2006 dodge ram. Best tire I have ever had in snow and ice not a lot more road noise. Went with 06 when I traded for a 2015 Eco ram 1500 they had 20,000 miles on them and still looked new. I couldn't get them in a 20" size for my 2015 so I got the Goodyear Duratracs instead these are the best tires I have ever had period.

Welcome to the site @Don the 2 !

Medic201

Apr 14, 2016
Truck Year
Had them on my 01. Agreed they were the best snow and ice tire I have ever used bar none. Not nearly as noisy as I expected. Made a 3000 mile trip from Las Vegas to Missouri back home through Colorado and Utah for Christmas. Went through an ice storm and a blizzard never slipped or spun a tire. No visible wear or cupping driving locked in 4 hi for two days.

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
I have the same ones except 10 ply truck tire on my 2015 ram and had to change the back ones because they were worn by about 50,000 klm. and put the front ones to the back and they were cupping but not as worn out and put some brand new ones in the front . The tire shop told me the cupping problem is because the shocks are too soft and they are supposed to be heavy duty shocks on the truck from factory. So I changed the shocks all around and went with Bilstien 5100 and what a difference in ride way better . I would hate to see the factory normal shock they would put on this truck go figure factory would put on the cheapest shock but call it heavy duty cheap bastards