• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone using GDE tuning ??

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
i know that there is a (winter gas or oxygenated gas) as they call it, is diesel treated the same way winter and summer difference?

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
i know that there is a (winter gas or oxygenated gas) as they call it, is diesel treated the same way winter and summer difference?
diesel is treated in a way more aggressive manner than gasoline, for winter it's usually blended with #1 Diesel which is very closely related to Kerosene. It flows and doesn't "gel" up near as quickly as regular #2 diesel fuel. Typical #2 is said to begin gelling at +20 degress F. Some blends will get you down to -30, straight #1 is said to be good to -40 and below. You will notice a great difference in fuel economy and sometimes power with the lighter #1 fuel blends, I personally don't usually notice the power, but my EcoDiesel has been the most touchy in regard to winter fuel. I'm down about 4-6 mpg on average.

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
that explains my mileage drop, went down about 2mpg, i thought it was just gas rigs. learn something new every day, thanks

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
That's a pretty general explanation, but it works. The area I live in blends from October to late April or early May. I usually throw a little fuel treatment in just as additional precaution

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
I have had mine for about 2 months and it is a very good product compare to the original ecu , my fuel mileage has increased by about 100 miles to the tank and no more turbo lag and a lot peppier on the highway to pass traffic, the regens are about every 400 miles or better all I'm wondering is should I take the egr tube off and clean it or is the tune going to eventually blow out the build up that it had previously before installing the tune

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
I have had mine for about 2 months and it is a very good product compare to the original ecu , my fuel mileage has increased by about 100 miles to the tank and no more turbo lag and a lot peppier on the highway to pass traffic, the regens are about every 400 miles or better all I'm wondering is should I take the egr tube off and clean it or is the tune going to eventually blow out the build up that it had previously before installing the tune
Don't waste your time cleaning that tube

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
I got the fast idle with the tune which is kind of neat because it starts at factory idle at about 1000 rpm for about a minute than it goes to1500 which helps it get warm faster for the winters we have here its very much needed and when it goes to regen mode the fuel mileage goes from 9 to about 12 litres at hwy speed for about 30 miles so there goes your savings for time being

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
I got the fast idle with the tune which is kind of neat because it starts at factory idle at about 1000 rpm for about a minute than it goes to1500 which helps it get warm faster for the winters we have here its very much needed and when it goes to regen mode the fuel mileage goes from 9 to about 12 litres at hwy speed for about 30 miles so there goes your savings for time being
Yes, very helpful for warming up. My mileage seems to be up slightly and truck seems a bit more snappy than in stock form. Not going to win any drag races by any means, but definitely an upgrade

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
Yes the GDE tune is where these trucks should be from factory it's too bad we just couldn't send fiat the bill to be compensated for the tune. They sure don't do their due diligence for performance and also the dealers sure don't do anymore than have to once they have sold you the truck hope this truck is dependable the more I read about them the more scared I get but it is a nice truck but anything that's new is nice

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Yes the GDE tune is where these trucks should be from factory it's too bad we just couldn't send fiat the bill to be compensated for the tune. They sure don't do their due diligence for performance and also the dealers sure don't do anymore than have to once they have sold you the truck hope this truck is dependable the more I read about them the more scared I get but it is a nice truck but anything that's new is nice
Yeah unfortunately being in the diesel game pretty much since I've been able to drive the aftermarket always seems to have a better tune for every platform, the thing is the factory has to make something that complies with emissions and noise levels and many other criteria that the aftermarket doesn't seem to have to take into consideration. Just like tuning on a stock 5.9 cummins, looks like a war zone on an EFI map

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I'm going to wait a few years. Eventually I will tune this truck to my liking but for now I'll run it stock. I want no doubts as to the validity of my warranty.
Well I waited almost 2 years! Happy customer now...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Well I didn't post a thread on it because it really is as advertised. Turbo lag gone, adaptive cruise control, power & mileage increase yada yada yada. Only thing I did different then most is I drove up to their shop and had the tune done in person. Very knowledgeable crew there at GDE.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Well I didn't post a thread on it because it really is as advertised. Turbo lag gone, adaptive cruise control, power & mileage increase yada yada yada. Only thing I did different then most is I drove up to their shop and had the tune done in person. Very knowledgeable crew there at GDE.

Nice to be close and not have to worry about any downtime for sure!

NicNight

Aug 10, 2017
Truck Year

NicNight

Aug 10, 2017
Truck Year

Just spent sometime talking with Keith from GDE regarding this tune. Have to agree that GDE seems to have this pretty thought out. This tune won't make an EcoD a monster but it's not supposed too. I'm looking for efficiency and longevity, both seem to fit this tune. Like Brady the GDE folks are just down the way from me so I'll be visiting in person. Well as soon as the family CFO gives me the ok that is. Great comments and glad I joined this group.

Cheers,

Nic

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just spent sometime talking with Keith from GDE regarding this tune. Have to agree that GDE seems to have this pretty thought out. This tune won't make an EcoD a monster but it's not supposed too. I'm looking for efficiency and longevity, both seem to fit this tune. Like Brady the GDE folks are just down the way from me so I'll be visiting in person. Well as soon as the family CFO gives me the ok that is. Great comments and glad I joined this group.

Cheers,

Nic

Welcome to the forum Nic!