• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Approved Fix denied after tuned motor blown

Kerb

Dec 7, 2017
Truck Year
Warning. I don’t know if anyone can help. After 30,000 miles I had to get my EGR replaced under warranty. For the first two years I was there every winter because the DEF system was not working properly. I got my truck tuned and it was running great up until about 92,000 miles. It was tuned at approximately 40,000 miles. 50,000 miles later I was driving down the highway at approximately 60 miles an hour when my oil pressure flatlined. I pulled over immediately and had the truck towed to the dealership. The dealership filled my engine with almost 2 extra quarts of oil. They ran their check and while doing so they blew a rod through my engine block. Since it was tuned prior to the whole class action lawsuit they are saying that it is not going to be covered under warranty. And that it will be almost $12,000 to replace the engine out of pocket. Does anybody have any advice? I still Owe $32,000 on the vehicle.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! That's the dangers of having tuning for sure. Who's tuning were you using? Since the motor blew in their possession, I'd be pretty upset and maybe even lawyer up at this point. Did you call FCA customer care and start a case? At this point I would explore all options for a better resolution.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome to the group... Why didn't you take the tune off before taking it to the dealer???