• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Aux Light attachment bar??

SignGuy

Sep 26, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have some nice 4' HID lights and some LED lights that I want to put on the front of the truck. Does anyone have a brush guard or metal mount they are using to add more lights on the front?

I've seen this https://www.americantrucks.com/smittybilt-street-bumper-light-bar-0918-ram-1500.html which looks like it would work to mount some lights to but would like to know if anyone has it on their rig and if they liked it?

Another option would be some sort of brush guard type thing with mount holes for lights. https://www.carid.com/2018-ram-1500...-3-inch-charger-2-rc2-bull-bar-440100515.html

I do have the proximity sensors in the front bumper that I don't want to compromise so that's a consideration. Anybody got something like either of these with sensors in the bumper? Pros/Cons

Bueller? Bueller? Thanks

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
All available options that I am aware of will compromise your front bumper parking sensors. I have a front Ranch Hand guard and 7" HID lights and have to run 100% with the front parking sensors "off". I tried the caps that go over the affected sensors, and other mods, allowing the other sensors to work but no method worked consistently and eventually failed entirely.

I have seen a mount where they moved the front sensors from the bumper to the mount but I believe it was custom made.

Fogs-Baja Designs-2-Angle.jpg

SignGuy

Sep 26, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Beautiful truck John. Thanks for your help. I was afraid of that (having to turn off the sensors). I might have to see about fabbing my own brackets to hold the lights as I'd like them above the bumper if possible. Did that guard attach to the tow hook mounts or underneath? You really have a nice set up :)

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks SignGuy,

The Ranch Hand guard attaches both to the tow hook mounts and underneath - very strong! My son added the light cage to protect the HIDs. Smaller HIDs would have been better but I had these from another truck (they are custom modified Hella halogens).

If you get a light or guard mount made the tow hook mounts are the bomb and easy to use. Another suggestion would be to buy Rancher (goindustries) or Ranch Hand grill guard mounting brackets. eTrailer also sells brackets. That would give you a great bolt-on bracket to fab on a light bar, etc. Easy peasy.

My brother has a Rancher grill guard because the bottom bar is flat (vs round tubing) for a step. He mounted his Pia LEDs on that flat step. Looks and works great.

SignGuy

Sep 26, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Great ideas John, thanks so much. I'll take a look at both of those recommendations and see what I can do.

Liggett

Sep 13, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
My solution. KC Daylighters on a Black Horse Bull bar. Yep, I had to turn the front sensors off, but I've got along without sensors for 53 years. 2018 Bighorn

Attachments

• RamFront.jpg
    RamFront.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 22

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
My solution. KC Daylighters on a Black Horse Bull bar. Yep, I had to turn the front sensors off, but I've got along without sensors for 53 years. 2018 Bighorn
Liggett,

That turned out real nice - looking good.
I love that Chocolate, I have a Black - best breed ever.