• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Backup Camera

chuckbowers

Dec 10, 2016
Truck Year
Just installed rear tailgate backup camera on my 2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. Ran the wiring harness the entire length of the truck to the firewall. Can anyone tell me how to run the harness through the fire wall into the cab?

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
I have not looked but if there is a little grommet in there carefully make room to fit the harness. if not youll have to make your own and get a new grommet the side of the hole so it is sealed off properly. I did this on a older truck on the firewall one time. worked well.

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
5-11firewallboot_zps0855569c.jpg

5-11bootfromengine_zpsdd6d5b11.jpg

They say a "picture is worth a thousand words". Wonder what two pictures are worth?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
5-11firewallboot_zps0855569c.jpg

5-11bootfromengine_zpsdd6d5b11.jpg

They say a "picture is worth a thousand words". Wonder what two pictures are worth?
Absolutely the best way to do it! I had a switch ran to the interior at one point as well, for those that do not know what Mal did there is he removed the studded plug for the clutch pedal (2x10mm nuts on the cabin side if I recall) and bored a hole to mount a boot for a passthrough.