• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks derringer +1.8

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
I got my EGR Recall replacement the first week of August as well as the 2nd version of the AEM. It didn't have as bad a turbo delay as the first version but it was still there in cold run. Down on power from my GDE tune. I drove it three or four weeks and installed the EPA Compliant GDE program and Trans Tune. Very satisfied, power back, turbo lag gone, shift points much better, can't wait to pull the RV for full test.

Sorry to hear of problems with a Banks product.

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
I have not seen if anyone has any info or has done it, but IF the recall for the magnet attached to the tone wheel is done (I hear it is a software update??? though my recall letter says they don't have a fix for it yet but "stay tuned" for an additional letter later), will my GDE tune and trans tune still work?? Looks to me like the GDE s/w will no be able to pick up the new s/w load and thus a waste of time to do the FCA update and if you keep the GDE tune, the magnet magnet can still separate and the failure will still occur??

Anyone have any ideas?

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
I have not seen if anyone has any info or has done it, but IF the recall for the magnet attached to the tone wheel is done (I hear it is a software update??? though my recall letter says they don't have a fix for it yet but "stay tuned" for an additional letter later), will my GDE tune and trans tune still work?? Looks to me like the GDE s/w will no be able to pick up the new s/w load and thus a waste of time to do the FCA update and if you keep the GDE tune, the magnet magnet can still separate and the failure will still occur??

Anyone have any ideas?
You will absolutely want to remove your tunes first!

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
***update
I took my truck to banks so they could figure out what was wrong with my system (PedalMonster, idash, and derringer tuner) and they had to reflash and re-upload all the software after completely removing what was on it; and hottdamn did it work! It’s like a completely different truck! Everything works as advertised and beat my expectations tenfold! I can’t believe the difference from stock to the level 6 derringer/sport mode PedalMonster ... it’s how the truck should have driven off the lot (being a mopar) but driving it for the last couple years it threw me back in the seat and spun the tires through third gear from a stop at an on ramp. (Traction control off and I have not done the emission recall). I was very skeptical of the 2k I spent but am now extremely happy with the purchase! If your planning on doing it I’d recommend installing the derringer first after you do the updates to the idash AND the derringer update, testing functionality then updating the PedalMonster and installing that after the derringer is working. Don’t try and do it all at once it confuses the programming