• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks derringer +1.8

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
Anybody have the derringer installed? Are you happy with the purchase? I have one in the way with the intake... hoping I spent my money in the right place 😅

Murman

Oct 29, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks. I want to use it as well. Like the idea of blocking emissions. Had problems with def this winter. Freezing up. Def pump had to be replaced. Erg cooler replaced. Still has to be replaced seeing as it might start my truck on fire. No fix yet from dodge yet.

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks. I want to use it as well. Like the idea of blocking emissions. Had problems with def this winter. Freezing up. Def pump had to be replaced. Erg cooler replaced. Still has to be replaced seeing as it might start my truck on fire. No fix yet from dodge yet.
I got the same answer, recall initiated but no parts are available... time will tell, I’ll do a one month review after install

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
I got the same answer, recall initiated but no parts are available... time will tell, I’ll do a one month review after install
UPDATE; the parts are still "unavailable"/on order from FCA but they have a list now, so make your appointment so they can put you on the infamous waiting list...

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
Not yet, I’ve been having some issues with the dealer so it’s been there nonstop. I had the egr recall done and they flashed it with the emissions recall after I was very clear when I said DO NOT do it... now it drives like crap, stumbles, check engine lights, electronic throttle codes/limp mode multiple times, 17 other codes, tstat irrationality, etc. it’s been absurd, so once all that’s cleared up I’ll finish the install. 🤬

65Stang3

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
Milvetmac, was your truck re-flashed before? Do they have another new tune?? I have a (new to me) 2105 with 70K miles that has been flashed. It runs pretty good - except the turbo delay when not at full operating temp.

Does anyone know if there is a lock you can put in on the OBD2 port??

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
Milvetmac, was your truck re-flashed before? Do they have another new tune?? I have a (new to me) 2105 with 70K miles that has been flashed. It runs pretty good - except the turbo delay when not at full operating temp.

Does anyone know if there is a lock you can put in on the OBD2 port??
I have never had it flashed to avoid all this emission nonsense, seems that they did it anyway... i am still waiting to hear what theyre going to do about the breach of contract; i have been trying to reach someone that can help me for about 2 weeks now without any resolution nor even a call back. i have not heard of a "lock" but they make "do not flash" port covers

Cshelbs1308

Jun 15, 2020
Truck Year
I’m looking into the derringer also does this help prevent the p0299 code turbo underboost..... just got my 15 last week and they flashed it before I got it 20miles down the road and boom electronic throttle control service, underboost, and egr cooler code.

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
I’m looking into the derringer also does this help prevent the p0299 code turbo underboost..... just got my 15 last week and they flashed it before I got it 20miles down the road and boom electronic throttle control service, underboost, and egr cooler code.
I finally got rid of my ethrottle issue... cost me a princes ransom. Had to machine the heads to extract the glow plugs, new accelerator pedal, throttle body, injectors, coolant/oil sensors and associated gaskets. Going on 3 months with no codes/limps 🤷🏻‍♂️

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
@Milvetmac Any update yet? I'm looking to pull the trigger this week.
Well after all this time I am still trying to get someone at banks that knows what’s going on (have yet to hear back from anyone after multiple, MULTIPLE attempts) and the derringer/idash/pedal monster system is still not working... 🤬 a lot of money for zero; anything

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
Well I’ve spent about a full month trying to get the pedal monster/idash and derringer to work aaaand it doesn’t... so I have about 1500$ in parts routed in my ED that are zip tyed outta the way because none of it works and banks is being less than helpful. All the wiring is routed and plugged right but the idash doesn’t read the derringer so none of it works. I am less than happy with the purchase so far. Even spent another 800$ With my mechanic trying to get it working... 🤬

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
Sorry to hear about all the trouble. Think I'll steer clear of banks. My dealer said they'll tune my truck. Eliminate the emissions as well.
Wow, take that promise to the bank then! I’ve always been a strong banks supporter but I’m really having doubts on them now; unfortunately

Hawaii_Built

Oct 16, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Sorry to hear about all the trouble. Think I'll steer clear of banks. My dealer said they'll tune my truck. Eliminate the emissions as well.
I've never heard of a dealer willing to drop a tune in and do an emissions delete for someone. I think you should buy them some pizzas! I'd love an update after it's all done.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
My dealer said they'll tune my truck. Eliminate the emissions as well.
My dealer is great, knows I have a tune, agreed to it and supports it. However, I don't think he would ever do it for me, especially a delete. Think of the warranty liabilities - engine takes a crap, Chrysler won't warranty because it's tune/deleted, customer files suit that dealer made the change, etc. And, what if the EPA got involved? There are so many "what if" liability scenarios.

If it happens, you have a fantastic dealer who should be highly rewarded. Keep us informed.